EMTB storage

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I won't be getting out much on my Orbea Wild over the winter months. It's kept in an attached garage but is there anything I should be doing to keep it in good condition, especially with regard to the battery and tubeless tyres?

Al

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Battery in the house in a semi-charged state. No idea on the tyres, but I'd pump them up a bit more than normal and check pressures/rotate periodically.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
^^That. Spin the wheels occasionaly, to keep the sealant from drying in one spot & keep the tyre actually sealed. Lube the chain, to keep it from rusting won't hurt either.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Dont think you can remove the battery on the Rise, might be worth wrapping gate down tube in some sort of thermal ballet/keeping the bike under an insulated cover in the garage

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Pump up the tires to the maximum recommended pressure. Keep it a dry environment. Maybe check it out once a month and wipe it down with a clean rag.

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Orbea says don't store in cold conditions, particularly below freezing as it's not good for batteries. So if your garage is cold you might want to store inside. If you have children you can swap their bedroom for the garage, and keep it warm in theirs (joking by the way).:ROFLMAO:

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Clean and lube the chain or take it off and leave in oil, the tyres I would keep checking if tubeless and keep them inflated. the battery leave at round 60% for storage, it should be ok in a garage but wrapping some insulation around the frame will always help.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
As the others say, battery out and store battery inside at charge 40-70% or so. Clean bike well first to get mud/crap off it. Lube the chain. Spin the wheels occasionally and/or replace tyre sealant when you start riding again 👍

Oh, empty out the water bottle. I didnt do that once. Not good 🤮

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I give my dropper post and forks/shock a spray of GT85 - stops them from getting caked in dust or rusting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles