Gear Storage

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Has anyone seen any nice designs for mtb gear storage? My housemate and I both ride and both have lids, full faces, camelbacks, shoes, gloves etc.

We’ve got a fair bit of wall space, so I’m thinking of some kind of peg system for us each to hang lid, full face, camelback in a vertical row, with draws above for glasses and gloves, and maybe a shelf above for carb gels and energy bars.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Has anyone seen any nice designs for mtb gear storage? My housemate and I both ride and both have lids, full faces, camelbacks, shoes, gloves etc.

We’ve got a fair bit of wall space, so I’m thinking of some kind of peg system for us each to hang lid, full face, camelback in a vertical row, with draws above for glasses and gloves, and maybe a shelf above for carb gels and energy bars.

You could buy some of these and store your equipment on them:
1657746794326.png

treker

Feb 11, 2024
North Wales

Take a look at this stuff. They have wall bike racks with in-built hooks for bags and coats as well as hooks for track pumps, workstands etc. Gets great reviews:

Screenshot_20240211_102305_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Dax

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Have a look at IKEA. It's the sort of thing that you can fit behind sliding wardrobe doors.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Dax This might work for you.
In my utility room, I have standard kitchen cupboards 720mm tall. I single 400mm wide and a double 800mm wide. Each has two internal shelves (or one or none, you don't have to fit either of them.) Then I have the same again mounted underneath. Call that six units 720 x 400. Two are mine for bike stuff, two for my wife's stuff. One is for house tools, one is for house spares.

They are mounted on the wall in one unit, 1440mm tall x 1200 wide x 310 deep. That is about 520 litres of storage space. The whole lot is 760mm off the floor. The space underneath has my beer fridge and more wife stuff. There is a 160mm space above that has my air rifle and a couple of saws. Very compact and relatively cheap too. They match the cupboards in the rest of the utility room so they don't look out of place.

Cupboards.jpg

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles