EMTB Forums Members Map

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
Just as an aside folks. If you're adding your location to the map I wouldn't place it directly on your street. A few years ago bike thieves were using mapmyride to locate where people lived and using ride pics to target bikes. Maybe just place it far enough away to make targeting pointless

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Just as an aside folks. If you're adding your location to the map I wouldn't place it directly on your street. A few years ago bike thieves were using mapmyride to locate where people lived and using ride pics to target bikes. Maybe just place it far enough away to make targeting pointless

Thanks for nothing, I was going to use the map to get my new bike...

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Thought I would add some instructions as it isn't immediately obvious how to add a new member to the map, and I noticed there are a few un-named points around :)

So to add a new point:

0) Open the map in a new webpage, e.g. click here: Open EMTB Members Map

1) If the top of the member list is red and it has options to share or edit, then you first need to click "edit". Otherwise skip this step. (This depends on how you open the map.)
map0.png

2) Click the upside down teardrop icon at the top (marked in red circle)
map1.png

3) Click at the point on the map where you want the marker to go

4) Type your member name on the top line of the box that pops up (replacing the default text of "Point XXX")
map2.png

5) Click "Save"

You can always edit a point later on by clicking on it as well - I notice some people have added photos :)

Last edited:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I kept a record of when "Captain Black Beard" raided the whole map, but I guess the pirate invasion was repelled :ROFLMAO:

Untitled picture.png

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Hey Pottsy, well I'm Irish too, but am the only one in Hawaii as well, bet there will be more soon.

Ohh Hawaii - now there is a place that has always seemed cool to me :) And halfway up an active volcano too, wow!

Time to start saving air miles for the monthly rideout there ...

Lito

Oct 24, 2018
Belgium
There's two schools of thought on that;
1. Order a Levo and then spend the delivery time fretting about all the perceived faults that don't actually stop it being a good bike.
2. Get literally any of the other bikes on the market and get out and have fun.
:p
haha that a way to tackle it, my problem a bit the size of bike that i need.

I was going back and forward on 2 hardtails: the Giant Fathom E+ Pro and Cube reaction SL 500
first i was leaning to the cube but delivery time 7 months a bit to much for me were the giant was 4 weeks. Parts are a bit cheaper on the Giant then the cube but the yamaha motor there is stronger and feels more natural then the bosh or that what ppl say at least. Problem is there no place i can test these anywhere close to where i live :rolleyes:

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Clearly UK seems to have all the e-Bikes in the world. Hopefully more folks in our areas begin to jump on the forum...seems lonely out here in Northern Cali too and I would have expected that California would have a ton.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles