Welcome to EMTB Forums Refreshed

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Nice upgrade RR. Way easier to read on mobile with this font. I didnt mind ads before as i thought i just ignored them but this is much nicer

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Oooh .. the favicon is fixed too ! Thanks.

When you're in "what's new" .. there used to be a link button top right to "post thread" .. that doesn't seem to be there now, you have to go into "forums" to make a post. It's not the end of the world, not sure if this is a design choice or an oversight ?

There's probably nowhere to put it with the new layout.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Oooh .. the favicon is fixed too ! Thanks.

When you're in "what's new" .. there used to be a link button top right to "post thread" .. that doesn't seem to be there now, you have to go into "forums" to make a post. It's not the end of the world, not sure if this is a design choice or an oversight ?

There's probably nowhere to put it with the new layout.
On desktop, mobile or both?

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
Nice upgrade. Modern, crisp and fresh. The dark mode is much easier on the eye (for me).

When you click on forums, there is no gap or a darker line between regular posts and the pinned posts, it would just make it easier to skip down past the already read pinned.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Nice upgrade. Modern, crisp and fresh. The dark mode is much easier on the eye (for me).

When you click on forums, there is no gap or a darker line between regular posts and the pinned posts, it would just make it easier to skip down past the already read pinned.
Thanks. Will take a look at pinned posts. There’s a few tweaks to make still, thanks for feedback 👊

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
On desktop, mobile or both?
The "what's new" - post thread .. On mobile it's like it was, you have to head off into a menu to forums.

On desktop I thought there was a post thread button at the top right previously .... now I'm wondering if I'm dreaming, pretty sure I normally posted from there though.

Can't find an old capture ..

Oh my - things were quite different in 2018 ...

1664621037098.png

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Post any bugs / feedback etc here.

Also, new article section, neatly integrated into the site. @knut7 already published a couple!

The lack of contrast of the background and lack of separation between pinned and regular posts make the pages more difficult to use.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The lack of contrast of the background and lack of separation between pinned and regular posts make the pages more difficult to use.
Can you explain that more ? It might be obvious to others, but not to me. For contrast, in light and dark:
Screenshot_2022-10-02-17-38-16-302_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-02-17-38-35-125_com.android.chrome.jpg

For clarity between pinned and not pinned, before it seemed a bit clunky with the pinned threads separated by a border? Now you can see the pin to the right ? It just feels cleaner and less cluttered to me.

Screenshot_2022-10-02-17-39-13-436_com.android.chrome.jpg

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Can you explain that more ? It might be obvious to others, but not to me. For contrast, in light and dark:
View attachment 98393
View attachment 98392

For clarity between pinned and not pinned, before it seemed a bit clunky with the pinned threads separated by a border? Now you can see the pin to the right ? It just feels cleaner and less cluttered to me.

View attachment 98394
View attachment 98393
View attachment 98392

View attachment 98394
I'm referring to the lack of contrast between the posts and the background.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I've been making some changes that should help readability. Sticky threads are now easily defined in the forum lists, as well as alternating colours between threads listed in each forum.

I also updated the notification to red icon (from green).

Let me know anything else you notice that we can tweak!

Rob

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Lost my other thread about the back buttons etc being lost in this new layout, so here is what I mean. The pic below has a bar at the top with the back and forward arrows in left corner and that whole bar with not secure- NSRA etc is missing on my iPad when I go on this forum. Every other page I go on on my iPad it’s there. Hope this explains it better. (y)
2F1C624A-444E-420B-8943-F3F8B2488849.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Lost my other thread about the back buttons etc being lost in this new layout, so here is what I mean. The pic below has a bar at the top with the back and forward arrows in left corner and that whole bar with not secure- NSRA etc is missing on my iPad when I go on this forum. Every other page I go on on my iPad it’s there. Hope this explains it better. (y)
View attachment 98638
Your other thread..

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
View attachment 98638
Can you share a screenshot of this forum on your iPad please?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The font is embedded. Personally I find it easy, but interested in others opinions?

Are you using desktop / mobile?
I found it unusual at first - probably just because it was different ?!

But after a couple of days adjusted and now prefer it on desktop and mobile. For me, it's easier and clearer to read.

I know bambam wondered if you could move to something purely pictorial, but then he's not very good with words.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles