Welcome to EMTB Forums Refreshed

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
We have a new refreshed look, with some big behind the scenes software upgrades.

Not bad, dawg.
Normally I'm resistant to change, and hated XenForo when VerticalScope changed all their forums a couple years ago. But it took all of two days until the benefits became apparent. I think your new layout presents the text in a less jumbled, easier to read format. Now, if I can only learn to write in a less jumbled, easier to read style.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Is there a specific thread where we can let you know about little wrinkles that need to be ironed out?

The aspect ratio of a couple emojis is a little wonky.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 9.39.35 AM.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
In Dark Mode the alert icon doesn't stand out, can the number be red instead of pale blue?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
The formatting on mobile is odd.

In both mobile and desktop modes it's missing the groups. All I get is Reviews/Latest news comments/recent posts/latest threads. Where they appear varies depending on your browser.

The different manufacturer etc. groups are missing.

I've tried Chrome/Samsung Internet/Edge/Firefox.

So at the mo it's not great on a landscape tablet.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

In both mobile and desktop modes it's missing the groups. All I get is Reviews/Latest news comments/recent posts/latest threads. Where they appear varies depending on your browser.

I see them - are you sure you haven't accidentally minimised them?

IMG_5051.jpg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Look under Forums.

(Chrome on a Samsung tablet).

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Chrome on Samsung tablet too. Don't see that under the forums menu, and doesn't seem hidden when I scroll down the page?

Won't let me post a long screenshot 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20220930_195558_Chrome.jpg

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I think you're clicking the down arrow next to forums, you need to click on the word forums
Phew, thanks.

So my issue (before I got distracted by forgetting how to get to forums🙂) is desktop mode on a mobile used to work well (just looked like it does on a PC) but now doesn't. Not a biggie but it was useful on a big phone.

Tablet with the same browser works fine.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
There’s quite a few under the hood improvements. Selecting text to quote as a reply works much better, especially on mobile. Just highlight what you want to quote and hit reply.

Text entry is also much snappier with less little bugs that I occasionally noticed before.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Unfollowed emtb in Tapatalk to try and refresh the forum in groups but now I can't even follow emtb / or login as just getting network error !

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Did the old forum use a serif font? This sans serif font is pretty to look at, but a little harder to read efficiently.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Unfollowed emtb in Tapatalk to try and refresh the forum in groups but now I can't even follow emtb / or login as just getting network error !
Gutted..... Just been looking and I remember XDA forums having this exact same issue years back ! It was the result of them moving over to new servers....... The same servers you have moved to so looks like that's the end of Tapatalk use for emtb ☹️
Tapatalk offered quite a few ease of functions and shortcuts which were a huge plus for me over browser based forums especially the jump to first unread post in the watched groups. HATE having to constantly switch to page x then scroll around trying to find the last read post ( any settings exist to mirror that feature ? ).
Not sure if I can transition over to web permanent 😱

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
any settings exist to mirror that feature ?
If I'm logged on in a browser (chrome on android/chrome) and goto a thread I've read previously, it always just goes to the first unread post.

But then I don't use the watch thread/watch forums, I just use "what's new" and any threads with new posts you haven't read are highlighted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles