Eminent bikes...anyone??

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
I was looking at bikes yesterday and ran across this bike. Eminent LT Advance model. Has any one had any experience with them? Smaller bike manufacturer in Southern California I believe. High pivot, all carbon, 145/150 FOX suspended,
EMINENT BIKE.jpg
light enduro bike. Spec'd pretty decently. Looks really interesting.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's a couple of tests of the Drive LT (there's the MT with longer travel, second review) , but you've probably seen these, 48.9 lbs/22kg (49.6 lbs/22.5 kg MT) with 504wh, which is ok :

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
Yeah...saw those. Just no long term tests really at all. Just wondering if anyone even owned one. It's a pretty funky bike. Non-removeable 504 battery, Pro-Taper bars, TRP trail brakes, KS dropper. I can get it at a seemingly reasonable price. I sold my Trek 9.7 to my buddy, so I was looking at the new Trek bikes and the dealer showed me this Eminent Drive model. I like it, but it makes me nervous at the same time. I know what the Trek 9.7 is like, and a new one of those would be great. Just looking for opinions.

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
Bringing this thread back - - -

Some of you might have learned that Eminent went under, and that their last frames were auctioned off in California yesterday.

A few friends and I each bought a Drive LT frame at the auction, and we'll be tinkering with them through the winter. This will be an interesting project, and we expect a few (or many!) curveballs. It's a complex design : high pivot, tons of pivots, some sort of custom axle and no real technical info anywhere. The frames were sold without motors, and we're not sure if they'll include all the proprietary hardware. We're expecting to have to get creative. CAD drawings, 3D printing, machining, it's all on the table.

Does anyone own an Eminent Drive? Did anyone else buy an Eminent frame at auction? If so, are you missing parts? Perhaps we can have a discussion here to help each other out with what parts are required to complete bikes.

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
I am also a member of the Eminent Drive LT auction club. Lots of parts to sort through. First thing I noticed is that I did not receive an LT shock linkage in my bag of pieces. Is this true of all the frames?

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
Congrats on the purchase!

Bummer about the missing linkage. Did you get a MT linkage with yours, or no linkage at all? I don't have mine yet, but I presume that I'll be missing stuff too.

Looks like there's about 60 frames that were sold at auction, so there's possibly that many people who might be in a similar situation. I found an Eminent Cycle Owners club on FB last night, and it looks like there's a few new owners who joined the club since auction. It might be a good place to meet up and ask for parts.

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
No linkage at all which would immediately put me in the "machining" category. I have inquired since the auction description did say it came with a linkage. Here are the detailed parts I got labelled for reference.
bitsnbobs_sm.jpg
batteryextras_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
Yep, that's a fair comment, Steve. It's probably going to be a bit of work but that's fine, Canadian winters are long and it's best to keep busy!

Thanks for posting those detailed pics, JREBike, it's helpful. It's going to take a week or two before we get our frames, I'll report back when we get a sense of what's included with each of them.

I looked at the auction site again, and I've noticed that (1) the same pics were used for multiple frames, (2) some of the frames were described as having a linkage, but the pictures in the ad didn't show one, (3) some frames were described as having a linkage and had pics of the LT and MT linkage included, and (4) some of the frames were described as frame only, and those didn't have linkages.

All this to say that we should have a good picture of the situation in a couple of weeks when everyone has opened their boxes.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
No linkage at all which would immediately put me in the "machining" category. I have inquired since the auction description did say it came with a linkage. Here are the detailed parts I got labelled for reference. View attachment 132784 View attachment 132785
Did your frame come with a rear axle? If we dont get axles we are screwed. Did it come with a hanger?

I got 4 frames but need to wait for shipping

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Did your frame come with a rear axle? If we dont get axles we are screwed. Did it come with a hanger?

I got 4 frames but need to wait for shipping
Also two of the bikes i got came with both links according to the photos. If i don't need it i could help you with an lt link.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Bringing this thread back - - -

Some of you might have learned that Eminent went under, and that their last frames were auctioned off in California yesterday.

A few friends and I each bought a Drive LT frame at the auction, and we'll be tinkering with them through the winter. This will be an interesting project, and we expect a few (or many!) curveballs. It's a complex design : high pivot, tons of pivots, some sort of custom axle and no real technical info anywhere. The frames were sold without motors, and we're not sure if they'll include all the proprietary hardware. We're expecting to have to get creative. CAD drawings, 3D printing, machining, it's all on the table.

Does anyone own an Eminent Drive? Did anyone else buy an Eminent frame at auction? If so, are you missing parts? Perhaps we can have a discussion here to help each other out with what parts are required to complete bikes.
Yes I won 4 of the drives. Lot 22 31 32 35. I have to wait for them to be shipped and i live in PA. I hear we are screwed and they dont come with hangers and axles. I have also reached out to every dealer thats on eminents website with no luck.

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
So you got a battery? Did your bike come with link, derailleur hanger and axle?
Yes.

There was a number of listings, some included battery, some included links and some included none. Same pictures, but different descriptions.

I have one with LT link, but would like to get MT link as spare if anyone has extra.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Yes.

There was a number of listings, some included battery, some included links and some included none. Same pictures, but different descriptions.

I have one with LT link, but would like to get MT link as spare if anyone has extra.
I bought lots 22 31 32 and 35. All had links, battery and charger but couldnt see the rear end so no clue on axle and hanger. We have a group we are trying to put together to get this wholw thing sorted and help eachother. Pm me here if youd like to be apart of it.

I do not have my frames yet as they need tk be shipped

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
I have frame here and a few sets of wheels here on-hand.

Axle is part of the frame (it is threaded from non-drive, but comes out on drive side). Strange design, but it works.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
I have frame here and a few sets of wheels here on-hand.

Axle is part of the frame (it is threaded from non-drive, but comes out on drive side). Strange design, but it works.
Hell yes thank you for confirming! If you want you can pm me. We are trying to put a group together of all the people building these frames

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Link to the facebook group. Not sure if its exactly what we will use but can help people start to gather.

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
My Drive did come with an axle and derailleur hanger attached. I went back to eminent and got my LT link. Just ordered some new shock mount hardware and I think I have the frame sorted. Now working on the battery install. The side nearest the motor seems simple enough not sure on the upper battery mount near the headtube.

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
My Drive did come with an axle and derailleur hanger attached. I went back to eminent and got my LT link. Just ordered some new shock mount hardware and I think I have the frame sorted. Now working on the battery install. The side nearest the motor seems simple enough not sure on the upper battery mount near the headtube.
Yeah, that's the tricky part.

First picture - pieces A and H go there for sure
Second picture - pieces B and D and G align as well

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
You went back to eminent and got a link?

I will have my frame in a few weeks. Once i have it i will definitely figure out how to get the install figured out. I can also video everything.

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
Good news about the link!

What's the shock hardware size?

I will have my frame in a few weeks. Once i have it i will definitely figure out how to get the install figured out. I can also video everything.
The more info we put out there, the better!

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA

Yes. I went back in to their office and mentioned that my description specifically stated it came with LT link and they got one for me from the warehouse.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles