Eminent bikes...anyone??

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Yes. I went back in to their office and mentioned that my description specifically stated it came with LT link and they got one for me from the warehouse.
Oh wow....any way to get ahold of them to get any other extras that werent included in the auction?

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
Anyone figured out how to assemble and mount the battery inside the top tube?
Not certain yet but I think this is pretty easy.

Part I mounts directly to battery on the end with the led indicators then bolts (J) and spacer (D) are used to attach in downtube on bottom bracket end.

Upper mount requires removing battery handle and then attaching mount part (A) from first photo by removing battery cover screws and securing the mount part (which mounts to the 2 holes in the upper downtube) directly to the battery cover. I think the parts B,C,D from the second photo are just part of a kit ( Darfon Battery Holder ) and not used in this application.

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
Can anyone comment on if their frame included the power button and speed/wheel sensor?
None of Shimano parts are included. That's what made the company go under.

They had most of the parts, less Shimano. Without motor, sensor, etc... you can't really sell the bike. And you can't redo the frame to use different motor.

They figured the solution with battery (Darfon), but that still left them without critical parts for the build.

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
Not certain yet but I think this is pretty easy.

Part I mounts directly to battery on the end with the led indicators then bolts (J) and spacer (D) are used to attach in downtube on bottom bracket end.

Upper mount requires removing battery handle and then attaching mount part (A) from first photo by removing battery cover screws and securing the mount part (which mounts to the 2 holes in the upper downtube) directly to the battery cover. I think the parts B,C,D from the second photo are just part of a kit ( Darfon Battery Holder ) and not used in this application.
Got it, makes sense.

Looks like I just need to source longer bolts to hold pieces A in place.

Having extra parts after installation is that threw me off :)

Last edited:

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
One more follow-up question on the build - does anyone know what screws are being used to hold charge port in place? The screws that come with the kit are too short, and appear to have different thread.

cguy

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
I don't have any real experience. But is it bag E from the pictures? It looks like a gasket and some small screws and maybe a loop for strain relief or cable management? Or are those the screws you're already referring to as being too short?

Again just an uninformed guess. But if it's not that, what is bag E?

dreys

Jan 20, 2024
California
I don't have any real experience. But is it bag E from the pictures? It looks like a gasket and some small screws and maybe a loop for strain relief or cable management? Or are those the screws you're already referring to as being too short?

Again just an uninformed guess. But if it's not that, what is bag E?
Yeah, those are the ones (included screws from the bag). Screws appear to be too short to hold charge port in place.

Also ended up getting longer screws to hold battery in place. Strange build overall, some extra parts, some missing parts :)

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
Bag 2E is (I think) part of speed sensor. It's a magnet on a small mount bracket.

I think I have the battery / charge port install sorted. You need to acquire some extra screws that were not included in my parts kit. Here's what I used:
1) M4-0.7 mm x 18 mm (4) - shorter than 18mm will work but i think minimum would be 14mm
2) CM2.5 x 8 mm (4) - again shorter than 8mm will probably work but this is what i had in my computer repair kit

Steps I used for battery / port install. Note that you need to install battery before attaching charge port.

Prep Battery
1) Remove the pull handle from the end of the battery by removing 2 screws
2) Use the 2 brackets (1A from images) and the M4 screws you acquired to mount the brackets to the battery cover. Best to do 1 side at a time to avoid displacing the gasket under the battery cover.

Install Battery
1) Slide battery into frame until mount brackets align with holes in upper end of downtube.
2) Use 2 included screws (1E - note that 1B and 1G also fit but some combination of these also attach the motor i think) to attach battery through upper mounting holes. I also used a washer (1Q) on each side but maybe this is not necessary or recommended?
3) Install battery interface bracket (2I) onto end of battery near bottom of frame.
4) Maneuver spacer (1D) into space between interface bracket and single hole on top of down tube. this took a little wiggling. Attach to frame using included screw (1J).
5) Attach bottom of interface bracket through 2 holes in bottom of downtube using included screws (1F).

Install Charge Port
1) Route charge port (2H) wires through hole in frame. Use the CM2.5 screws you acquired to attach port to frame.

Everything seems to be in place and secure. There seems to be plenty of room to route cables etc after I get the motor and handlebar bits. But I won't know till I acquire these. Anyone found a good source for the motor and handlebar controls?

Last edited:

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Yes. I went back in to their office and mentioned that my description specifically stated it came with LT link and they got one for me from the warehouse.

Bag 2E is (I think) part of speed sensor. It's a magnet on a small mount bracket.

I think I have the battery / charge port install sorted. You need to acquire some extra screws that were not included in my parts kit. Here's what I used:
1) M4-0.7 mm x 18 mm (4) - shorter than 18mm will work but i think minimum would be 14mm
2) CM2.5 x 8 mm (4) - again shorter than 8mm will probably work but this is what i had in my computer repair kit

Steps I used for battery / port install. Note that you need to install battery before attaching charge port.

Prep Battery
1) Remove the pull handle from the end of the battery by removing 2 screws
2) Use the 2 brackets (1A from images) and the M4 screws you acquired to mount the brackets to the battery cover. Best to do 1 side at a time to avoid displacing the gasket under the battery cover.

Install Battery
1) Slide battery into frame until mount brackets align with holes in upper end of downtube.
2) Use 2 included screws (1E - note that 1B and 1G also fit but some combination of these also attach the motor i think) to attach battery through upper mounting holes. I also used a washer (1Q) on each side but maybe this is not necessary or recommended?
3) Install battery interface bracket (2I) onto end of battery near bottom of frame.
4) Maneuver spacer (1D) into space between interface bracket and single hole on top of down tube. this took a little wiggling. Attach to frame using included screw (1J).
5) Attach bottom of interface bracket through 2 holes in bottom of downtube using included screws (1F).

Install Charge Port
1) Route charge port (2H) wires through hole in frame. Use the CM2.5 screws you acquired to attach port to frame.

Everything seems to be in place and secure. There seems to be plenty of room to route cables etc after I get the motor and handlebar bits. But I won't know till I acquire these. Anyone found a good source for the motor and handlebar controls?
What motor are you using?

conifer

Jan 21, 2024
Angel Fire
Hi, I bought two drive frames from the auction and one frame doesn't have linkage. I hope it isn't too hard to track down. I didn't think I would ever own an ebike but I am looking forward to the project

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Hi, I bought two drive frames from the auction and one frame doesn't have linkage. I hope it isn't too hard to track down. I didn't think I would ever own an ebike but I am looking forward to the project
Hey there!

Join our facebool group if you have it.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Also what lot #'s did you get? I got 22 31 32 and 35. Still waiting for mine to ship.

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
Just waiting on my motor to finish build. I got the power switch that appears to match the stock one (Shimano EW-SW300). It uses the sd50 wire instead of sd300 so i assume i need a converter but what does it ultimately plug into? motor, battery, or display?

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Just waiting on my motor to finish build. I got the power switch that appears to match the stock one (Shimano EW-SW300). It uses the sd50 wire instead of sd300 so i assume i need a converter but what does it ultimately plug into? motor, battery, or display?
Should plug into the motor. I have all my parts but no frame til wednesday. Fingers crossed ill have it built in 2 weeks.

theartiist

Feb 5, 2024
Ilovemywifey7!
My Drive did come with an axle and derailleur hanger attached. I went back to eminent and got my LT link. Just ordered some new shock mount hardware and I think I have the frame sorted. Now working on the battery install. The side nearest the motor seems simple enough not sure on the upper battery mount near the headtube.
Hey there, I'm now joining you guys from the auction. I got my DRIVE frame and so far, i'm missing the rear linkage... do you or anyone you know of have an extra (preferably) MT links or LT linkage?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles