Whisper bikes. On hire

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I’ve seen a few of these out locally never heard of them before a bit unusual as they only seem to make a carbon frame New eMTB - Wisper Bikes
Turns out they are on hire , There’s a little bike hire at the farm shop on the edge of our village they are renting out these quite nice looking whisper ebikes .
Anyone visiting this area who wants to Ride our local trails it’s an option , always happy to show you around .
I don’t know the bike hire owner so Iam not advertising , it’s just an option if you are in the area without your bike and want to ride some great trails or hire what looks a fairly well sorted ebike .

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
I've had dealings with Wisper from years ago when I had one of the 905se traditional style ebikes. Small UK company good to deal with, very helpful. I believe they have a super light roadie ebike in development as well

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
would be good for someone on holiday who couldn't take their bike with them. Any chance of finding out what they charge or maybe a website? Also , which part of Cornwall are they and you in?

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
would be good for someone on holiday who couldn't take their bike with them. Any chance of finding out what they charge or maybe a website? Also , which part of Cornwall are they and you in?

That’s what I was thinking , I may go and see them and perhaps offer a bit of guiding because the trails up here aren’t easy to find . Iam on Bodmin moor , the village is Pensilva just below caradon hill .
Just Google’s them here’s a link to the website Cornish Cycle hire – cycle hire for Cornwall
There’s a video there but it’s only showing some of old disused railway tracks none of the decents etc And one of the lake which has a cyckeceay around it . I guess to be fair they may not be encouraging serious off road use , but I don’t think they know about the decent trails iether .
It an area that’s generally overlooked by the typical holiday makers Cornwall tends to get thankfully

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Found it, 11 minutes in on this vid

Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 18.34.59.png

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Integrated battery , no use to me , or carbon for that matter

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
wonder what the geometry's like
The geometry chart appears to have gone from the website, but from what I can remember it wasn't particularly progressive. Think '18 Levo rather than '19 Levo.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
They had a newer version on display at Eurobike, with an integrated 630wh battery IIRC, but no sign of it yet on their Website - I think it was in one of @Rob Hancill videos when he was there.
Yeah I did speak to them at Eurobike. I remember the bike being really good value and they were talking about 630wh battery back then, but was a prototype model they had on display if I remember correctly.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
RRP is £5799 with the 504Wh battery, so not horrendously expensive but not exactly cheap either.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Thanks Kernow. They have spent decent money on the bikes so should expect them to be used on serious trails, you would have thought. As you say, it’s just knowing where the trails are.
Maybe you should do a mini forum rideout in the summer. I think folks would like the idea of coming down for the weekend and riding something different .

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Thanks Kernow. They have spent decent money on the bikes so should expect them to be used on serious trails, you would have thought. As you say, it’s just knowing where the trails are.
Maybe you should do a mini forum rideout in the summer. I think folks would like the idea of coming down for the weekend and riding something different .

If anyone is in the area Iam happy to show them some trails , there’s a good few days riding on my doorstop . Just pm me

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles