Ebike EDC Kit

Cannikin

Oct 15, 2019
San Marcos, CA
I posted this the other day: 3D printed a tubeless patch/chain repair kit - EMTB Forums

The 3D printed case worked great but I started wanting to add a couple more items and it got to be unruly to keep adding more slots and printing another copy! So I went back to basics and made a little leather pouch:

IMG_0436.jpeg IMG_0437.jpeg

It's 9" wide and about 5" tall once the top flap is folded over. From left to right it currently contains:
It folds in thirds and is just about the size of an inner tube when strapped to the bike. It will probably last longer than the bike and me.

IMG_0435.jpeg IMG_0434.jpeg

Putting a little kit together got me thinking about EDC on a bike: what else to people carry, if anything? Other than that pouch I've got a Specialized SWAT Conceal Carry MTB Tool in the steerer tube (which includes a bunch of Alley keys and a chain breaker).

Last edited:

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Oh yeah, I love an EDC load-out!

So, my thoughts.
For human trail-side repair glue and swabs, good call.
Whistle and lighter? I'm never more than 30 minutes from civilisation, so probably not for me. I'd rely on my mobile to call for help!

I have a few other essentials:
Zip ties, 3-4 in a couple of different sizes.
Tyre levers... surely you carry levers?
Small front/rear LED lights, at this time of year. Partly in case I end up coming home late, but I also have some crazy long old railway tunnels near by, that you need to light up in any time of day.
Small bungees. Mainly to replace my LED lights' bungees which keep breaking, but useful for other emergencies.
Mini pruning shears. New addition to my kit! Chopping down brambles if I find any blocking the trail.

Cannikin

Oct 15, 2019
San Marcos, CA
Oh yeah, I love an EDC load-out!
I have a few other essentials:
Zip ties, 3-4 in a couple of different sizes.
Tyre levers... surely you carry levers?
Small front/rear LED lights, at this time of year. Partly in case I end up coming home late, but I also have some crazy long old railway tunnels near by, that you need to light up in any time of day.
Small bungees. Mainly to replace my LED lights' bungees which keep breaking, but useful for other emergencies.
Mini pruning shears. New addition to my kit! Chopping down brambles if I find any blocking the trail.

Thanks for the zip tie reminder! The chain tool has a tire lever lip on the end, although it's aluminum so it might scratch up the wheel. I'm tubeless so if something bad enough happens where I need to remove the tire to fix it, I'm pretty much screwed at that point!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Everything I need goes in my back pack. I can see why people like nothing on their back, but the number of times I have fallen and the backpack has saved me are too numerous to recall.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles