3D printed a tubeless patch/chain repair kit

Cannikin

Oct 15, 2019
San Marcos, CA
I got a 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp last week and am LOVING IT. I put a SWAT tool in the steerer tube and then the only thing missing was a way to patch my tubeless tires if I get a puncture. And, although the SWAT tool holds a master link, the chance that I'll be able to open a master link pretty low, so a chain tool would be nice. So I put together a little kit that includes a CO2 inflator, Dynaplug repair tool and chain tool (and a strap to hold them all):
But, since I didn't have a tube to act as a little cushion to hold everything against the frame I had to invent something. I ended up 3D printing a little carrier that holds all three in the smallest arrangement possible and then strapped that to the bike! The spaces in the carrier are fit really well to the tools so they won't fall out—you need to apply a little pressure to get them out.

If people are interested I'll post the STL files. Everything is a great fit when they come off my printer (Prusa i3 MK3S) but you may need to tweak the openings by a tenth of a millimeter one way or the other if you have something else.

IMG_0360.jpeg IMG_0364.jpeg IMG_0366.jpeg

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I really like the design and the printer. Great value and Open Source.

Desktop metal printers are now a reality though still too expensive for enthusiasts. Open source low cost metal prototyping is on the horizon. Being focused on great design & engineering, any developments are fascinating but of course there are also many concerns.
3D-printer-EVO-Tech-EVO-Lizer-perspective-1.jpg

Last edited:

AgileMike

Sep 11, 2019
Idaho
I got a 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp last week and am LOVING IT. I put a SWAT tool in the steerer tube and then the only thing missing was a way to patch my tubeless tires if I get a puncture. And, although the SWAT tool holds a master link, the chance that I'll be able to open a master link pretty low, so a chain tool would be nice. So I put together a little kit that includes a CO2 inflator, Dynaplug repair tool and chain tool (and a strap to hold them all):
But, since I didn't have a tube to act as a little cushion to hold everything against the frame I had to invent something. I ended up 3D printing a little carrier that holds all three in the smallest arrangement possible and then strapped that to the bike! The spaces in the carrier are fit really well to the tools so they won't fall out—you need to apply a little pressure to get them out.

If people are interested I'll post the STL files. Everything is a great fit when they come off my printer (Prusa i3 MK3S) but you may need to tweak the openings by a tenth of a millimeter one way or the other if you have something else.

View attachment 20279 View attachment 20280 View attachment 20281
Yes, please post the .STL files. I need a good reason to fire up the 3D printer...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles