E Ride App

Gspot

Jul 28, 2019
NW
Finally got around to messing with apps. Got the Project App to work no problem. The E Ride is a dud? (n) Registered the bikes in the project app and all are paired with my phone Samsung S7. Tried uninstalling, reset, etc. Not sure what the option is to use a wireless device to recognize the bikes?

IMG_0092.JPG

All these tabs DO NOTHING? I believe they are active once a connection is established?
Will track each bike etc?

IMG_0093.JPG

I really just want the mapping. So I guess I will just keep my phone in my pocket and use it unconnected. I am perfectly fine with using the displays. I also tried her iphone since she doesn't like the e7000 display. Originally the e7000 had a Bluetooth icon, but after using the pce1 to update it no longer displays?
The other bikes are e8000. So I guess E Ride does not work with those? But why bother having the Bluetooth? After two motor swaps and all this faffing with the apps I should be able to open a Service Center. :p

Gspot

Jul 28, 2019
NW
And yes I know STUNLOCKER. :cautious: Thought I would try Shimano first. :oops:

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
The E8000 display does NOT support the Shimano E-Ride app. You can use either the E7000 display or the EN-EW100 junction box which both support bluetooth. If using these you can also use some bike computers as your display (Garmin 830, 1030 etc). Remember it's not the E8000 motor that's the issue. It's only the E8000 display which doesn't have the bluetooth requirements for E-Ride..

Gordon

Gspot

Jul 28, 2019
NW
Yes after reading some more and faffing with the app it does work on her phone. Location was off and it needs to pair as a wireless unit. Her map is blank? But at least she has a larger display. Good learning experience. ?
Way too difficult and not very cohesive between the apps and pce1 unit. I will have to play around with the map as it works on my S7. I love my ebikes but this technology crap is giving me a headache. ?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Finally got around to messing with apps. Got the Project App to work no problem. The E Ride is a dud? (n) Registered the bikes in the project app and all are paired with my phone Samsung S7. Tried uninstalling, reset, etc. Not sure what the option is to use a wireless device to recognize the bikes?

All these tabs DO NOTHING? I believe they are active once a connection is established?
Will track each bike etc?

I really just want the mapping. So I guess I will just keep my phone in my pocket and use it unconnected. I am perfectly fine with using the displays. I also tried her iphone since she doesn't like the e7000 display. Originally the e7000 had a Bluetooth icon, but after using the pce1 to update it no longer displays?
The other bikes are e8000. So I guess E Ride does not work with those? But why bother having the Bluetooth? After two motor swaps and all this faffing with the apps I should be able to open a Service Center. :p

The reviews for shimano software on g00g1e p1ay are pretty poor. I used mine a few times initially without a data connection on my phone to be safe, and it was OK. I haven't updated, and won't unless there is a good reason to. Good luck

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles