Shimano EP8 Ride app options

berny

Nov 29, 2021
Aus
Hi all,

Newbie post here.
I got myself a sparkling new 2021 Merida eOneSixty 700 with the Shimano EP8 motor. I am not really interested in derestricting the motor, but I am looking for a decent app that will record the rides properly with GPS and other info, connect to my Apple Watch for heart rate info, and post to Strava.

The E-Tube Ride app is quite bad, and certainly not even close to the Specialized Mission Control. I saw the ST Ride app, paid for it, and had a play. It connected to my Apple Watch, and allows connection to Strava. While setting it up, it even posted a non ride to Strava.

When I went to do an actual ride, the app recorded, but I could not get my Apple Watch to sync with the App. At the end of the ride, I have the ride data, but I cannot export it to Strava, nor save the GPS file, nor even forward the data anywhere.

Can someone give me some pointers on this? or are there any other apps that will work, so I don't have to use my old Garmin and heart strap?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Congratulations on the new ride. I've dabbled with the E-Tube Ride and the ST Ride apps, and found them both to be lacking. Have you considered just sticking with Strava on your watch? I use it a LOT. It records my ride and my heart rate. As soon as I get back to my truck and my iPhone, the Apple Watch Starva app syncs with everything else, and the ride magically appears on Strava. It works so well that I've considered using the Apple Watch exclusively, and quitting the use of my phone for recording rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles