e-Escarpe/Sommet XL seat post max insertion?

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Hi all,

Im looking at the e-Escarpe and wondering how much seat post it can handle, im all arms and torso so want an XL, but that means i generally need to slam dropper posts to fit in a decent amount of drop. My XL Scott Genius is the same seat tube length as the XL e-Escarpe/Sommet, with a 150mm Fox Transfer dropper i have to run it slammed. Hoping someone knows if this is possible on this size and model?

I know there are variations on dropper lengths vs insertion so if anyone can even just confirm what post they have and how far it fits into the frame, i can do the exact maths.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
So to answer my own question (since i have the bike in hand now), the stock 170mm Brand-X Ascend post can be slammed in an XL. Sadly for me thats a smidge too high for me, thankfully the fox transfer 150mm drop I have also fit, its actually almost the same length insertion as the 170mm brand-X.

On a side but related note, how bad is the cable routing on these! Trying to feed the outer back through to pull the post out was a mission! snagging all the time. Full strip and rebuild required i think at some point to tidy up the internal cables.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Who I replaced my drop post I just reused the existing outer - I have had 3 different droppers on the bike but still using original outer, replacing inner each time.

They put way to much slack on the outer when putting the bikes together IMO.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles