Drying shoes - any hints? ( for when it's hot and humid)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The climate difference between UK and Australia has caused some hilarity between my brother and me. He lives in Brisbane, I live in the UK. His Winter temps are warmer than my Spring and Autumn! His Summer temps are off the charts UK wise. Our recent highest ever recorded Summer temp was 38degC, he can get that in late Spring and early Autumn. And as for the Summer..........!!!!
After ten years in OZ he came to visit for our Mother's 80th, which was late Mar'10. The temp and conditions were typical, 10degC, rain and wind. All the pictures of him show him shrunk down and clutching himself in the Winter coat he borrowed from an old friend. I remember him stood next to my then 2-year old grandson laughing, in shorts and an open jacket. Tee hee.

But then we went to OZ in May'18! Sydney was OK, but Brisbane was hot, hot... and humid. Tables turned and so forth. We think we have floods in the UK. We do and they are very unpleasant indeed for those affected. But the floods they have in Queensland, OMG! We are talking hundreds of square miles covered in flood water, and that was after 20 years of extreme drought (I might have remembered that wrong, it may only have been 10 years, ha-ha!) He showed me the flood protection in the area he lived. Wow! I was looking at rainwater gullies you could float a boat down, and that was in his street.
And then there's the insects and the snakes.......... :eek:
And the beer! :sick:

Namrorrim

Apr 30, 2019
Australia
The fish and chip shop can provide big sheets of paper, stuff it in and replace twice daily for 2 to 3 days if they are really soaked. Done

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles