Shoes

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
One that fits!

I know that sounds flippant, but there is so much variation in the fit between all the brands that the only way to find out is to try em on.

You wont go wrong with any quality shoe from one of the major players, but sizing is all over the place between most brands, especially in terms of width.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
One that fits!

I know that sounds flippant, but there is so much variation in the fit between all the brands that the only way to find out is to try em on.

You wont go wrong with any quality shoe from one of the major players, but sizing is all over the place between most brands, especially in terms of width.
Right well thats settled that the.Not a cheap mistake either are they i guess.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No, i once got a set of Mavics that i loved the look of, but could tell in the shop that they might give my big toe some grief, but had convinced myself they would be ok. One muddy ride later, painful feet, and no chance of a refund i was cursing myself.

I used to do ski/snowboard boot fitting, and one of my mates used to do the boot fitting for a lot of the top world cup ski racers, and we always had to fight against people falling in love with boots they thought where cool, but didn't fit.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
No, i once got a set of Mavics that i loved the look of, but could tell in the shop that they might give my big toe some grief, but had convinced myself they would be ok. One muddy ride later, painful feet, and no chance of a refund i was cursing myself.

I used to do ski/snowboard boot fitting, and one of my mates used to do the boot fitting for a lot of the top world cup ski racers, and we always had to fight against people falling in love with boots they thought where cool, but didn't fit.
Yeah i snowboard, another great sport!! I had my boots moulded on a machine which helped. Ill go to my lbs and see what they have got.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I actually have 3 pairs of new in the box Nike Kaiju snowboard boots that i bought up when Nike pulled out of making snowboard boots, best boots i have ever had in 26 years of snowboarding, i panicked when they stopped making them and hit ebay with a vengeance!

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I actually have 3 pairs of new in the box Nike Kaiju snowboard boots that i bought up when Nike pulled out of making snowboard boots, best boots i have ever had in 26 years of snowboarding, i panicked when they stopped making them and hit ebay with a vengeance!
Hahahaha my mates a courier and managed whilst out and about to stumble on a nike shop literally getting rid of some jackets and bottoms for literally nothing. Got loads i got some boots from him for dirt cheap. We are going to Andorra in March and considered nipping into the Commencal shop whilst there as its the main shop if not the only shop where they have the bikes on show.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Sweet yeah will do. Ive seen in Tignes its already blasted 1.5m of powder down this last week! Last year we went to Val Thorens and I've never seen as much snow....

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yup hoping it'll be another good one as i fractured my ankle last season which meant i missed out on it - was not happy, but on the flip side was the injury that i used as an excuse t get an EMTB, so silver linings and all that!

Flogbox

Sep 25, 2018
Sass81sass81
Five Tens were the unanimous shoe in a large group im in on Facebook. I bought the macaskill model and they were bang on. Sticky as all hell. Comfy. I'll stick with this brand of mtb shoe.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles