Downhill enduro .

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Hey Crew hope you are all well. I ride a Specialized Kenevo expert. Bit of a brawler I mainly ride enduro downhill. Perfect to self shuttle . Who else rides downhill and hits the chairlifts ect on there e bikes ?? If so have you had any / many mechanical failures . Enduro / downhill is hard on machinery add in the extra weight of the bike and at 93kg im not a light weight !!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hi mate
I ride DH and Enduro in the UK. and the odd trip to the Alps but I have DH bikes (a Session and an old Sunday) for uplift riding.
My Emtb is great for short blasts and accessing enduro tracks quicker, but for days out with a group of Enduro riders I generally prefer to take my enduro bike. (Capra) My legs still have more elevation range in them than the Eeb battery.

Broken shit loads of motors. (not spesh)

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Hi mate
I ride DH and Enduro in the UK. and the odd trip to the Alps but I have DH bikes (a Session and an old Sunday) for uplift riding.
My Emtb is great for short blasts and accessing enduro tracks quicker, but for days out with a group of Enduro riders I generally prefer to take my enduro bike. (Capra) My legs still have more elevation range in them than the Eeb battery.

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Hi mate

Sounds like you have a range of bikes in the garage which is epic. Personally I have my Spesh ebike and a hardtail commencel. Geographiclly ebike makes perfect cense for me. I have 2 mates one with a hibkie enduro the other with a giant reign ebike. I seem to breaking parts every couple of weeks compared to them. I do ride quit allot and I tend to ride a fair bit harder than my buddies . . Thank god for the awesome warranty specialized offer. My major concern is when the warranty runs out.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sounds like you have a range of bikes in the garage which is epic. Personally I have my Spesh ebike and a hardtail commencel. Geographiclly ebike makes perfect cense for me. I have 2 mates one with a hibkie enduro the other with a giant reign ebike. I seem to breaking parts every couple of weeks compared to them. I do ride quit allot and I tend to ride a fair bit harder than my buddies . . Thank god for the awesome warranty specialized offer. My major concern is when the warranty runs out.
Yeah. I have tons of bikes.
Hardtails, DH, Enduro, BMX and road.
I honestly don't really break parts. just motors.

What are your local DH spots like? dry dusty and full of jumps?
My local DH spot here in Scotland is 40mins drive in an area which has been host to UK National DH racing for decades and EWS/National Enduro racing since it's popularity started. Uplift is minibus and trailer up the fire roads. but it's a really efficient and decent value service. It runs all year round rain/wind/snow or shine. Trails will be mint just now but it's all out of bounds.
We only have the two chairlift accessed tracks about 3hrs drive from here at Glencoe and a little heard of track up in Fort William ;) those usually run April to Sept. but not this year :(

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Yeah. I have tons of bikes.
Hardtails, DH, Enduro, BMX and road.
I honestly don't really break parts. just motors.

What are your local DH spots like? dry dusty and full of jumps?
My local DH spot here in Scotland is 40mins drive in an area which has been host to UK National DH racing for decades and EWS/National Enduro racing since it's popularity started. Uplift is minibus and trailer up the fire roads. but it's a really efficient and decent value service. It runs all year round rain/wind/snow or shine. Trails will be mint just now but it's all out of bounds.
We only have the two chairlift accessed tracks about 3hrs drive from here at Glencoe and a little heard of track up in Fort William ;) those usually run April to Sept. but not this year :(
I live in a are south of Sydney called Wollongong. Potentially made famous by The EWS team Giant rider Josh Carlson its our home town. There is loads of YouTube clips on Josh riding local trails and downhills . The dreaded GoPro footage makes it look flat but I can assure you its quite steep. 4 hrs drive from here is our Snow country with a summer MTB resort called Thredbo famous locally with the cannonball festival. Back to my home town. My wife used to shuttle me to top of mountain or me and mates would take turns as shuttle driver. As it turns out my ebike has been a complete blessing . Due to covid19 I have been riding alone and I can access the higher and harder to get places on my own. We can go out and exercise locally here in 2s .

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
We have quite a few EWS regulars around here too. Ruardhi Cunningham, Reese Wilson, Katie winton, Mark Scott and Lewis Buchannan being probably the most well known current international riders and tons of other maybe slightly less well known Elite DH and Enduro riders both past and present. And the biking and trail building scene is probably one of the biggest in the UK. with a ridiculous amount of trails from family friendly XC loops and cycle paths, purpose built trail centres to world class DH/Enduro tracks to more technical less well known handbuilt craziness.
Yeah, I know all too well how flat and tame a GoPro can make steep gnarly stuff look. My Geography of Austrailia will probably be as good as your is with Scotland but I've at least heard of those places.
There are tons of Specialized owners on here and loads of good info on all emtb stuff. folk from all over and a fair bit of humour among the bike chat. I'm sure you'll fit in fine.
Just don't take any of my comments too seriously ;)

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
We have quite a few EWS regulars around here too. Ruardhi Cunningham, Reese Wilson, Katie winton, Mark Scott and Lewis Buchannan being probably the most well known current international riders and tons of other maybe slightly less well known Elite DH and Enduro riders both past and present. And the biking and trail building scene is probably one of the biggest in the UK. with a ridiculous amount of trails from family friendly XC loops and cycle paths, purpose built trail centres to world class DH/Enduro tracks to more technical less well known handbuilt craziness.
Yeah, I know all too well how flat and tame a GoPro can make steep gnarly stuff look. My Geography of Austrailia will probably be as good as your is with Scotland but I've at least heard of those places.
There are tons of Specialized owners on here and loads of good info on all emtb stuff. folk from all over and a fair bit of humour among the bike chat. I'm sure you'll fit in fine.
Just don't take any of my comments too seriously ;)
Thanks for the heads up champion. Good chat !!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles