Downhill in the north

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@MeeZog74 Hi yeah there’s a few of us on here from Yorkshire area, I’m from sheffield myself. We had a ride out to Leeds bike park yesterday and had a blast , look out for the Leeds bike park 3rd November thread and join in on there ??

MeeZog74

Jan 21, 2018
Holmfirth. Uk
@MeeZog74 Hi yeah there’s a few of us on here from Yorkshire area, I’m from sheffield myself. We had a ride out to Leeds bike park yesterday and had a blast , look out for the Leeds bike park 3rd November thread and join in on there ??
Yeh I did see that (yesterday evening, doh.)
I'll keep an eye on it

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The South East (of Scotland) Tweed Valley in the Borders is my main mtb ride area.
Warncliffe is an awesome place to have as your local spot. I rode there a few years back and was blown away by the variety of technical tracks in such a small wood. Really hope you guys get to keep them. Guess you'll know more about this than me:
Signez la pétition
If you guys ever venture over the border and want a local guide give me a shout.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Defo dude from your posts , comments and your back ground I’m guessing your a shit hot rider.
The kinder of rider I like to ride with . Your riding background seems like mine all apart from road bikes and xc.
I’ve always been too lazy ? always chased the thrill ??

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Wharncliff unfortunately is getting dozed the Forestry Commission has made its final decision
They are meeting with the local builders to discuss options for the future.

So if you want to ride the epic trails of ‘Wharncoover’ get out there soon......

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Dull fact of the day: I grew up in waht was officially sunniest town in Europe.
it's on the East coast 18 miles from where I am now.
The SE is also one of the windiest coldest places in Scotland.

Quick lesson on Scottish weather
East = Cold windy dry
West = Wet, warmer but fucking wet... did I mention it was wet

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wharncliff unfortunately is getting dozed the Forestry Commission has made its final decision
They are meeting with the local builders to discuss options for the future.

So if you want to ride the epic trails of ‘Wharncoover’ get out there soon......
That's so shit man. such a shame. Hope the future plans out well for you guys.
:cry:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Defo dude from your posts , comments and your back ground I’m guessing your a shit hot rider.
The kinder of rider I like to ride with . Your riding background seems like mine all apart from road bikes and xc.
I’ve always been too lazy ? always chased the thrill ??
Yeah. I hold my own awright for an old guy on an Ebike ;)
Defo get in touch if you're ever thinking about a wee road trip.

MeeZog74

Jan 21, 2018
Holmfirth. Uk
That's so shit man. such a shame. Hope the future plans out well for you guys.
:cry:
They might be filling in some of the big jump stuff at warncouver but there is so much stuff there in the rest of the woods, most of it natural that they could never be arsed finding let alone actively destroying.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've done the Golfie on my regular bike.
As in completed? o_O. That's a lot of riding! ;) One guy I know has done ALL the trails up the Golfie in a day. No way it'd be do-able on an Ebike without multiple batteries.
Bitch of a climb, crying out for an ebike
Must've climbed that fireroad hundreds and hundreds of times..it's really not that bad.infact I did it last week on my Ebike but switched off (as I was with non-ebikes). it's kinda laughable how easy the climb is on an Eeb (even in Eco)

MeeZog74

Jan 21, 2018
Holmfirth. Uk
As in completed? o_O. That's a lot of riding! ;) One guy I know has done ALL the trails up the Golfie in a day. No way it'd be do-able on an Ebike without multiple batteries.

Must've climbed that fireroad hundreds and hundreds of times..it's really not that bad.infact I did it last week on my Ebike but switched off (as I was with non-ebikes). it's kinda laughable how easy the climb is on an Eeb (even in Eco)
Yeh we did 3 runs in a day, guess there's a lot in there?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeh we did 3 runs in a day, guess there's a lot in there?
Probably at least 10x that. (they're not all top to bottom though). Never actually counted. and a few of the older tracks aren't in great shape anymore.
4x top to bottom is probably most folk's idea of a big day ride TBF.
Despite riding there for over 25 years I'm actually terrible with trail names. Individual trails didn't have names back then.
There are good trails all along the valley from Peebles to Gala/Selkirk so you could easily spend a week based in Inners/Peebles and ride new tracks all day each day. Everything from old skool natural XC to DH to Enduro to flow trails, jump lines to beginners trail centre stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles