Do you give your bits and bobs a good scrub after a ride....?

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
I mean bike bits and bobs! Ha

Just finished a ride and always take battery off cover most the bike in muck off, use a rag and wipe down and a brush and a quick brush round mech...then a medium hose setting on the hose pipe gun and a quick wash down till all muck is off including tyres, Quickly dry with rag and then away it goes. Takes about 10 minutes. Just wondering how often everyone degreasers and fully spends like an hour or more getting into all the nook and crannys? I degrease about once a week and lube back up and same with spending a little more time on cleaning. Be interested to know others routines ?

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I got some Muc-Off cleaner and brushes from Mrs. Injidup for my birthday last week, so have been cleaning my e-bike after each ride. It is brand new so gets lots of love. The Mojo gets a clean when it looks fairly dirty. To be honest, it's pretty sandy round here so most water drains away quickly and we get very few puddles. The dry dusty conditions are not good for chains, though.

Sorry, I didn't answer the original question (Do you give your bits and bobs a good scrub after a ride?). And yes, I do. I also clean my bike.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles