Do I need a battery key for Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro?

TheWho

Mar 17, 2024
UK
I recently bought a used Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro. I've not got any keys, should I have been given some? I thought the battery was integrated so wasn't expecting keys and the guy selling it didn't mention them either.

I'm new to bikes, so any help greatly appreciated.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
The bike should come with 2 keys. Sometimes an owner might lose the keys or lack of keys can be an indication of a stolen bike. You should ask the seller for the keys and if he has lost them ask for him to buy a new lock with keys from the shop.
Shops may only sell a new lock/keys to the original owner unless you can prove it's not stolen.

TheWho

Mar 17, 2024
UK
Okay. I'll have to check and ask. Where do you use the keys then? Where is the lock?

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
There's a plastic cover on the underside of the downtube with a press-button to release the cover. inside there is a battery and at the top end is a lock holding the battery in place.

TheWho

Mar 17, 2024
UK
Thanks. I've also found the keys they were inside a bag inside a bag of the things I'd been given, so all good 👍

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Thanks. I've also found the keys they were inside a bag inside a bag of the things I'd been given, so all good 👍
U should also have a code card from Abus. I think it´s the only way to get duplicate keys if lose/or damage both u received.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles