BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
In all the years that I've been mountain biking (20+) I've never really had the chance to properly ride dirt jumps. Mainly because of where I live. North Wales doesn't offer much when it comes to sets of jumps with steep kickers and gaps in the middle. So when a set was dug at my local woods I immediately used the excuse that I'm riding an ebike so its not for me.
But on this day I said bugger it. Why should I be missing out on all the fun. Maybe an old dog can learn some new tricks.
Then it all got a little out of hand...

Would be massively appreciative of a like and a subscribe, as growing a youtube channel appears to be a lot more difficult than previously thought.
I'm trying to push more content out and hoping to have plenty of ebike reviews in the coming months so your support would go a very long way.

Cheers

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Nice video.

Do you guys think regular bikes jump better or worse than e-bikes?

I think when it comes to regular trail centre style jumps the ebike is more stable all be it less playful. When it comes to dirt jumps I think you're still better off on an acoustic. Easier to generate height and move around in the air.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
And me thinking that if an ebike weights twice a bike one would have half the chance to “make a correction” , if any... after airborne. May the force be with you guys. I will keep gatting my shots out of climbings.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
More weight needs more energy to fly for the same distance. So lighter bikes would be more ‘fun’ however a heavy bike has the benefit of being able to correct for launch mistakes more because you have more mass to adjust your body position from.
Are you saying that the fatter you are, the more fun an EMTB is ? As the fatter person would have more "potential Energy" or are you saying the fat person would cancel out their own fat advantages because they have more weight ?

I think we need a video about how fat is the best fat for EMTB or MTB ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I think when it comes to regular trail centre style jumps the ebike is more stable all be it less playful. When it comes to dirt jumps I think you're still better off on an acoustic. Easier to generate height and move around in the air.
Totally agree... and once you get to proper steep dirt jump trails built by BMXers with shorter bowls that need the front wheel nosed right in for the steeper landings an Ebike is really difficult to get through a set. and is made harder by the fact you can't really follow a normal bike rider in as their timing/pump/pop is going to be different from what you need/can achieve.

nice video and nice little riding spot!

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Felt your buzz bro well done!

Good vid but a bit of feedback, I notice some POV vids on YT are quite blurry at speed & often makes me switch off if theres too much of it. I don't know much about the filming process dunno if you need a gimbel or better camera to get the best footage but what could be epic rides don't show up very well. Keep oit up. I'll keep watching waiting for the road gap jump

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
In all the years that I've been mountain biking (20+) I've never really had the chance to properly ride dirt jumps. Mainly because of where I live. North Wales doesn't offer much when it comes to sets of jumps with steep kickers and gaps in the middle. So when a set was dug at my local woods I immediately used the excuse that I'm riding an ebike so its not for me.
But on this day I said bugger it. Why should I be missing out on all the fun. Maybe an old dog can learn some new tricks.
Then it all got a little out of hand...

Would be massively appreciative of a like and a subscribe, as growing a youtube channel appears to be a lot more difficult than previously thought.
I'm trying to push more content out and hoping to have plenty of ebike reviews in the coming months so your support would go a very long way.

Cheers

Like butter !

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Ebikes feel better to me on the big stuff when compared to a regular enduro bike with the same suspension set up. They are heavier and more stable at speed and in the air, much like a motocross bike. Sweet video and awesome jump lines, wish I could hit them but a little far from here. This is a couple shots with my Reign E from one of our local lines.

E788F5A4-EC03-480D-85C2-A1758F517C00.jpeg

2C5A23AA-BBA7-45C1-BDA8-1428DD5B41A7.jpeg

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Felt your buzz bro well done!

Good vid but a bit of feedback, I notice some POV vids on YT are quite blurry at speed & often makes me switch off if theres too much of it. I don't know much about the filming process dunno if you need a gimbel or better camera to get the best footage but what could be epic rides don't show up very well. Keep oit up. I'll keep watching waiting for the road gap jump

I agree to be honest. The main problem is YouTube compresses the GoPro image quality. I'm using a GoPro 9 but they still aren't great in anything but bright sunshine. Maybe I'll shoot in 4k in future. Cheers

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Ebikes feel better to me on the big stuff when compared to a regular enduro bike with the same suspension set up. They are heavier and more stable at speed and in the air, much like a motocross bike. Sweet video and awesome jump lines, wish I could hit them but a little far from here. This is a couple shots with my Reign E from one of our local lines.

View attachment 55614

View attachment 55615

Wow. Some nice height there!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey

View attachment 55614

View attachment 55615
Anyone else tried to press play ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles