DHL contact issues, awaiting bike from Canyon

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
East Kilbride, Glasgow Scotland
Has anyone recently ordered a bike from canyon to be shipped to the UK and had issues contacting DHL Euro freight? Tracking has it located at the Greenford depot since the weekend, and DHL UK don’t recognise the tracking number??? Says delivery by appointment only but are not replying to my emails.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I would contact Canyon if DHL are not responding to you. I have bought bikes from Germany before with DHL delivering and sometimes there tracking isn't up to date but you should have been notified of when they will deliver by now.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Has anyone recently ordered a bike from canyon to be shipped to the UK and had issues contacting DHL Euro freight? Tracking has it located at the Greenford depot since the weekend, and DHL UK don’t recognise the tracking number??? Says delivery by appointment only but are not replying to my emails.
If I remember right you cannot track in this country with dhl but try this number 01322 474302 that should be Europa they deliver on behalf of dhl ??

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
If I remember right you cannot track in this country with dhl but try this number 01322 474302 that should be Europa they deliver on behalf of dhl ??
Thanks I give that a go, I get live trackcing info from my shipping confirmation from canyon, but nothing has happened since last saturday on the tracking so I guess its not upto date,

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
Good to hear that you have spoken to them. when my bike was shipped 0n 02/08/19, I received a noreply email from Canyon that advised of shipping and had a tracking link. That link worked up to and including being noted that delivery had taken place.

However, as above, I did get a call from Europa on 05/08, after the weekend, to arrange delivery and they agreed that the driver would call me when he was 30minutes out, which he did.

I think I noted this before, but Europa will not bring the box into the house or garage (even slightly) due to previous claims for decorative damage, so you may need to have a lift on hand depending on how far the box needs to be moved.

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
Good to hear that you have spoken to them. when my bike was shipped 0n 02/08/19, I received a noreply email from Canyon that advised of shipping and had a tracking link. That link worked up to and including being noted that delivery had taken place.

However, as above, I did get a call from Europa on 05/08, after the weekend, to arrange delivery and they agreed that the driver would call me when he was 30minutes out, which he did.

I think I noted this before, but Europa will not bring the box into the house or garage (even slightly) due to previous claims for decorative damage, so you may need to have a lift on hand depending on how far the box needs to be moved.

Thanks Tim, yeah I'll be on hand to move the box myself. I hadn't even heard of Europa, spent the whole morning onto various DHL customer services and not one of them could even tell me about Europa, I am so glad I posted here.

thanks Again.

New bike day tomorrow, hopefully :)

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
Thanks Tim, yeah I'll be on hand to move the box myself. I hadn't even heard of Europa, spent the whole morning onto various DHL customer services and not one of them could even tell me about Europa, I am so glad I posted here.

thanks Again.

New bike day tomorrow, hopefully :)

BTW, It is a very large lorry, so needs a pretty big space to park and unload. Fortunately it doesn’t take long to unload.

eztiger

Apr 9, 2019
Guildford
I've had my box up against the wall in my office / spare room for 4 months. I think its going to the refuse this weekend, I just know Murphy's law is gonna kick straight after!

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Ordered my Spectral late on Thursday evening (tempted by the latest price reduction) and DHL managed to get it to Europa, the UK distributor in Kent, by 9.14 on Monday morning, which I thought was pretty good going.
Unfortunately, Europa were not quite so on the ball. They advised me that it would be delivered yesterday (Wednesday) but it never turned up. Looking at their tracking site it would appear that instead of putting it on the delivery wagon, they booked it back into the warehouse and that is where it still is.
Supposedly being delivered today but I'm not holding my breath.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles