Need help!!! my canyon has issues!!

emin86

Apr 30, 2021
socal
so long story short... my battery release is broken on the bike. Ive contacted canyon, shimano, and several service centers and Canyon is the only trying to help but still no resolution. Now... Im also getting the dreaded e010w error on my shimano motor and at times having issues also charging the bike. what can I do at this point? is there anyone that may know how to fix these two issues? 1. battery release mechanism is broken... so my battery wont come out...
2. e010w error and how to go about this issue? also the intermittent charging...

anyways... I have a video of my charging issue

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
ls it a Shimano down tube battery?

l've been waiting six weeks for a new battery lock mechanism and in the end the bike shop have had to take one off another bike.

Delivery of the new part is quoted as sometime in June.

ln the meantime you could put a cable tie round the frame and top of the battery to hold it in.

emin86

Apr 30, 2021
socal
i
ls it a Shimano down tube battery?

l've been waiting six weeks for a new battery lock mechanism and in the end the bike shop have had to take one off another bike.

Delivery of the new part is quoted as sometime in June.

ln the meantime you could put a cable tie round the frame and top of the battery to hold it in.
it doesnt matter if I hold it in... Im getting the e010 error now.. everyone is saying I must clean out the contacts... but I cant even take the battery off.. really starting to get annoyed considering that I cant ride my bike... shimano/canyon needs to address this issue...

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
The Shimano battery locking mechanism is a poor design, it clogs up with mud thrown up by the front wheel, and is overly complicated.

lt's very easy to break the mechanism completely by turning the allen key the wrong way.

emin86

Apr 30, 2021
socal
The Shimano battery locking mechanism is a poor design, it clogs up with mud thrown up by the front wheel, and is overly complicated.

lt's very easy to break the mechanism completely by turning the allen key the wrong way.
Ive already told canyon about this issue and have told shimano as well.. I wonder if they changed the design issue on the new ep8 motors.. I told canyon that this is unacceptable

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles