My experience with Canyon customer support.

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
So, this is a post I did not want to make. But since usually people only complain, I thought it would be nice to hear a different story.

My 2019 Spectral on developed play in rear suspension main pivot. I examined it and found a broken main pivot axle. I also knew that it would take tools that I did not have to get the broken parts removed. The broken off part of the axle was well and truly seized.

So, I contacted local Canyon support and they hooked me up with their rep in my city (lucky me to have one available!). The rep was also the mechanic to work on my bike, which I took to the service the following Tuesday. I had contacted support late Thursday evening.

The mechanic told me that the bearings were rusted solid (oops, maybe I should have checked and greased them more than once per year...) and the warranty would not cover the expense. Not that I thought it ever would, to be blatantly honest. Also the threads that the axle is attached to were damaged. He located replacement parts and told me how much the repairs would be. This was the following Friday, busy times in the middle of best riding season.

Now, 5 days later I am 375 € poorer, but with a well working bike again. Luckily there was a chainstay available in the country.

All the people were very professional and the whole affair was pretty pleasant, really. 2 weeks to get my bike repaired was not too bad.

Yes, I plan to do a bit more maintenance in the future. In a bit better planned way too...

9300 km on the clock now and components have worn out and broken before, but I am pretty handy with tools and have done all the repairs myself.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles