new canyon bike coming ?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
As discussed here on several occasions, it is highly unlikely we will see a new Canyon ebike this year now - they are almost certain to wait for the formal announcement of the new Shimano motor in late spring/early summer, and release it on the 2021 bikes.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
The new Spectral? you will see the first reviews at the end of March, April beginning ... I can assure you.

From then, I have no idea how long it’s gonna take up to be released, sorry.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
How did they make this bike weigh 27,5 kilos???
Not a mountain bike for sure.
The last release of a mtb by canyon is a hardtail that still comes with a shimano 8000.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
It's got two batteries..
Even then... the batterie weighs less than 3 kg. And this is the light version of the bike, there is one with 29 kilos plus ?
Good news is canyon is on sale right now! The spectralon 6 for 3.000 euros ?

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
And... with a good old shimano 8000 for the sadness of many.
The bike looks good and is the one I believe would be the ideal bike for 80% of the riders, but at pinkbike they criticize the geometry!

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
This may be good for the guys that prefer a shorter travel seatpost, they are cheaper and mire reliable than the long travel ones.
Besides that, this bike is aimed at XC more than DH and so, should be OK with a 125 mm travel seatpost.

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
...The bike looks good and is the one I believe would be the ideal bike for 80% of the riders, but at pinkbike they criticize the geometry!
Agreed, it’s pretty silly because this bike is specifically targeted at those riders who just want a comfortable, upright position for riding gentle off-road tracks. It would be fair to criticise the upcoming Spectral:On if the new version doesn’t have up to date descending focussed geo, but not this one.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles