DH World Cup thread

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I mean us lot who are happy to talk about the finer points of derailleurs for hours on end should justifiably be given to a bit of introspection, right?

Apparently I have severe ADHD too !!

IMG_0941.jpeg

Maybe I should try and concentrate on my work rather than doing these online tests

Hang on I’ll make a coffee first

Oh no my bike chain looks a bit rusty, maybe I should thoroughly clean my bike instead

Damn, this is a trait of ADHD, oh shit …

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia

Some info finally revealed. I'm hopeful that there are no georestrictions and that everyone can access the service. I already have a Fox sports subscription (Kayo in Australia) so its a 👍 from me!

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia

Some info finally revealed. I'm hopeful that there are no georestrictions and that everyone can access the service. I already have a Fox sports subscription (Kayo in Australia) so its a 👍 from me!
At bloody last... So you can definitely get the DH world cup on Kayo?? How much does it cost in Oz, didn't mind paying the yearly subscription for last years coverage tho not sure if I ever got my refund for the 6 months we are in now. Will have to join up one way or another as the wife and I love watching the whole thing unfold over a couple of days not just watch a 10 min highlights package.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Just looked it up and it's $25 a month which is bloody expensive compared with all the other streaming services we already have, WTF. And just googled Warner Bros Discovery and first article up says the company is in financial trouble owing around $48 billion which doesn't sound like a great investment for my monthly subscription. Doesn't look as tho they stream to Australia anyway. What a complete shambles, give it back to Redbull and Rob Warner I say :mad:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Just re read the Pinkbike article and says that you might be able to add something on the Disney + so fingers crossed there, tho I think we might get Disney through one of our friends subscriptions so doubt if they'd be happy if I added some MTBing to their monthly bill :ROFLMAO:🚴‍♂️

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
At bloody last... So you can definitely get the DH world cup on Kayo?? How much does it cost in Oz, didn't mind paying the yearly subscription for last years coverage tho not sure if I ever got my refund for the 6 months we are in now. Will have to join up one way or another as the wife and I love watching the whole thing unfold over a couple of days not just watch a 10 min highlights package.
I'm assuming if its on Foxtel and its sports , it will be on Kayo. Nothing confirmed yet that I have found though.
Myself and 2 friends share a Kayo account which costs $105 AUD per year , per person. That allows for 3 devices to access the account at any one time.

I got my refund from GCN+ in December I think.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Looks like I need to find 2 other mates to go thirds with me :ROFLMAO:
Got this message from my mate that runs the Kayo account:

From 20 February 2024, existing Kayo Premium customers will be migrated to Kayo Basic, which means the number of devices you can stream on at once will change from 3 to 2.
You will be able to experience Kayo in 4K* in March 2024.
Your price will remain as $35 per month.
From 20 February 2024, the new structure will be:
Kayo One: $25 per month (1 stream & HD)
Kayo Basic: $35 per month (2 streams & 4K*)

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Got this message from my mate that runs the Kayo account:

From 20 February 2024, existing Kayo Premium customers will be migrated to Kayo Basic, which means the number of devices you can stream on at once will change from 3 to 2.
You will be able to experience Kayo in 4K* in March 2024.
Your price will remain as $35 per month.
From 20 February 2024, the new structure will be:
Kayo One: $25 per month (1 stream & HD)
Kayo Basic: $35 per month (2 streams & 4K*)
Is that all part of the Global "Cost of Living" mandatory customer rip-off or what. It's bloody well gone up even before I sign up!!!:mad:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Sarting to see some Hardline Tasmania videos appearing. Just track walks & first hits so far but it'll hot up soon enough. Track looks way more bike parky than the Dyfi one but still some big features on course.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Went to Hardline from early practice through to the final, its was epic. Track may have been a bit manicured to start with but after 4 days of them riding on it, it became pretty damn gnarly, chopping up and huge dusty holes in the berms. Top half of the track was proper downhill and that cliff drop was humongous. The blokes in the pic give it some perspective, TV just doesn't show it in real scale. Can't wait for the next one.
thumbnail_IMG_4907.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4972.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5510.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5090.jpg

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I was sort of floating in & out of the coverage & missed the crash but thought it was quite a long course hold. Glad he was ok!

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I've not seen much of him, but have read lots about his speed. There's a LOT of speed coming through at the moment that's for sure. He'll have his work cut out with the talent about. George MAdley, Til Alran, Max Alran to name a few.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I've not seen much of him, but have read lots about his speed. There's a LOT of speed coming through at the moment that's for sure. He'll have his work cut out with the talent about. George MAdley, Til Alran, Max Alran to name a few.
It’s going to be a fun season to watch for sure. Watch Asa’s run in the video above and you’ll have an idea how fast he is. I can’t wait for the season to start!

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Not DH world cup. Johannes Fischbach from Valparaiso ...

The tracks insane as usual. He wipes out about 10 minutes into the vid where he'd already looked a bit tweeky on previous runs.

Interestingly, he's riding an EMTB !!!!

That was a brutal crash! He said he'd already been at the next obstacle in his mind, while his rear wheel hadn't cleared the current one. Probably a lesson for all of us, when on the trail...

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Interestingly I went on a ride today at the Luge in OC and I met 3 riders who were chilling at the flag, which is the start of the DH. They were checking out my bike when I realized that it was Brian Lopes and Ryan Pinkerton, not sure who the 3rd guy was, (maybe Ryan’s mechanic). We talked for a bit and all were super cool. Ryan said he’s digging his new bike, but he was on the enduro Mondraker and not the DH bike today, since there is a good amount of climbing to get to the DH.

IMG_8715.jpeg

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Interestingly I went on a ride today at the Luge in OC and I met 3 riders who were chilling at the flag, which is the start of the DH. They were checking out my bike when I realized that it was Brian Lopes and Ryan Pinkerton, not sure who the 3rd guy was, (maybe Ryan’s mechanic). We talked for a bit and all were super cool. Ryan said he’s digging his new bike, but he was on the enduro Mondraker and not the DH bike today, since there is a good amount of climbing to get to the DH.

View attachment 135768
I love it when you bump into MTB hero types, makes you realise they are humans too.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Interesting thing I learned about Arnie - he offered to dub the Terminator into German but was turned down because he apparently has a thick provincial accent & the distributors thought audiences wouldn't buy into a remorseless killer robot speaking like Worzel Gummidge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles