DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Props to Erice & Pinky too. All wrapped up with a race to spare. I heard he's going to stoppie Mont Saint Anne top to bottom.

Last edited:

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
There seems to be no stopping Vali and she is chill enough to deserve all she achieves. She is my pick for sure.

Men wise it could be one rock tap too many to tell who will get top step. Hopefully the top contenders can keep air in their tires as well as the rubber side down with tight times up to the last on course. As an American I know I should be rooting for Dak to win but for some reason I think that BK, yes sports fans of LSD fame and loss of fortune that it must take to run the show he does, and his obvious ability on the Snowshoe course could be a foil to all others plans on the day. I think he is pretty serious about his chances and not posting course preview to keep his lines under his helmet?

USA juniors take top 2 in their finals which was cool and Medcalf's run looked so slow that if he had just pedaled a few times in the first half he easily could have erased the deficit from 1st.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I love Dialled any time but particularly enjoyed Jake & Jordi discussing the riders rocking up in America, going shooting, checking out Applebees, riding the subway in New York, the tourist stuff. Jordi - I'm stoked they're having fun, I guess it's like us going to Europe & buying Berets 😂

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I hope they sort out the coverage issues, commentators keep cutting in and out and the footage keeps jumping and going fuzzy (watching the short track)

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bernard threw down in qualis. I would love to see him win one as he gets into the autumn of his career but so hard to call Snowshoe, it's such a sniper of a track. He was very close last year & is a pretty reliable pair of hands in the rough stuff.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Well it took awhile to wade through the semi's and final orders but you can't say in the end that it didn't disappoint. Some gnarly crashes as well as seemingly senseless ones in that grass left hander, sealant sprays and resulting flat tires, and in the end the Irish lads prevailed which hardly anyone saw coming. Cheers boys. Fun fact: There were lots of Irish immigrants that settled in that part of the US many years ago.

Was happy to see BK in the hot seat for a hot second and then Dakota. Glad to have Gwinn in the booth to keep Cedric from saying some version of "speed" every other second. Missy as the women's podium girl was fun, I knew that girl when she was a teenager and ski raced for the program I coached for. One of those that either wiped out or won types. Mostly wiped out though.

Crowd size fell short of the 10k that was predicted because, well, Snowshoe is in the middle of nowhere on the wrong side of the US. Fun fact 2: is that everyone in the crowd was related, it's an Appalachia thing....;) And yes moonshine is still a thing there and imagine that it will be in evidence tonight.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Jaysus lads, would ye lookit?

father-ted.jpg

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
If you have Eurosport they had the live coverage ( not actually live I don’t think?) full men’s final so far, with great picture quality and I think they repeat it through the week so you might still catch it.
The last 10 riders is where it hots up. So pleased for BK and the two Irish boys the pair of loons they are 😄 awesome 👏

I’m a bit surprised with the semi final business though ? What am i missing there? I feel they might be better having two final runs. It’s hard enough to get down without crashing or flatting I think maybe should have the best time over two runs? A lot of top riders either crashed or had punctures, it just seems too much of a lottery esp with this course beeing so rocky. I recon the one near the end (don’t want to spoil it) has a concussion 🤕 that’s one tough course. I’d like to see faster tracks tbh. All this rocky stuff seems less relevant to me

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
There's not much love for semi finals anywhere, not least amongst the riders. I would think they're there to stretch out the entertainment but apart from making the day too long, it's a dead rubber for most of the field, reflected in the intensity of the racing. As for rock gardens, there's eight or nine races per season, across a whole range of tracks. It's common in the early rounds at Leogang & Lenzerheide for people to complain they're too bikeparky. It's good to annoy everyone!

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
As the parent of a son who at about that age landed himself in a chair as a Quad doing the wrong thing at the wrong time I couldn't make it through that video....he is luckier than he knows.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Unrelated but related question - does anyone know how to get in contact with Rob Warner? I have a project I'd like to run by him.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles