DH World Cup thread

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I was in Australia on Holiday and it popped up as live on my youtube app, so watched the semis, that was good. Then for finals someone on pinkbike mentioned search lenzerhide and search tools by live and some good bugger was streaming the whole thing live on youtube.

Ended up watching the whole lot. Anyone here on the new DH fantasy league? I'm 66/1000 so far, pretty happy haha

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
15% off a years subscription here (£33.99 instead of £39.99) for anyone that wants it valid until end of June

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
If I were a cynic, I'd be thinking maybe the subs aren't quite where Discovery were hoping they would be & somewhere a suit is flapping.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I was watching on the tablet in HD via the Discovery+ app that's free with SKY Q, worked seamlessly, sound & picture, unlike the redbull TV that used to freeze, reset and look like it was filmed through a sock.
I thought the coverage was good, the commentary needs work and the director needs shooting! We don't need to see the team bosses during a race run!

Super happy with the results, Rachel fan boi here, so that was awesome, and Jordan, well i bet he'll enjoy telling Finn and Loic that he beat them on his first try and on last years bike lol.

Paris Doo

Jun 20, 2022
Greece
The 40 euros for the whole year seem like a fair price but since I only watch DH (and the semi finals are free) I won't subscribe at least for this year.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
The 40 euros for the whole year seem like a fair price but since I only watch DH (and the semi finals are free) I won't subscribe at least for this year.
Same here, having the semi for free on YT is great! Last weekend someone on PB posted to go on youtube and search "lenzerhide" then use the search tool to sort by live videos and some kind gentleman had the finals live on Youtube so I watched the whole lot on there.

Undecided what I'll do this weekend as the finals are nearly midnight over here in NZ

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Watched a couple of practice videos. I'm going with the word fast. Very fast.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
The coverage is actually worse than when Red Bull was running things, plus no Rob Warner. I watched some of the highlights and the quality was bad, Like there was a pixelated filter on the lens. I honestly think it’s a step back for the sport, I didn’t even realise there was an enduro race yesterday thanks to their weird ass scheduling. I’ve just kinda of lost interest in it now.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Gcn+ app is terrible on my firestick, I'm plugging the laptop into my TV to watch it.

Agree it's taken a step back from Redbull coverage. There's huge pauses in the commentary, they always seem to miss the split times or have images on team managers halfway through someone's run!

Half of the girls today had no audio at all (not much worse than Ric/Cedric to be fair), I've got no idea what happened after the boys race was suspended, they sent someone down to assess the track then silence?

They also reduced rider numbers so we could see them ride from top to bottom, but I can't see any difference from what we had before... Feel a bit robbed after paying for this

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
The coverage is actually worse than when Red Bull was running things, plus no Rob Warner. I watched some of the highlights and the quality was bad, Like there was a pixelated filter on the lens. I honestly think it’s a step back for the sport, I didn’t even realise there was an enduro race yesterday thanks to their weird ass scheduling. I’ve just kinda of lost interest in it now.
I'm finding it to be perfect picture quality but I have to agree trying to figure out whats on when is a nightmare.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Interesting.... No doubt commentary will be German but I might fire up the VPN and have a peek.
I'm finding it to be perfect picture quality but I have to agree trying to figure out whats on when is a nightmare.
Finding anything is a bit of a shit show. I was trying to work out who won the E-EDR and have found that riders’ Instagram is the easiest way.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Finding anything is a bit of a shit show. I was trying to work out who won the E-EDR and have found that riders’ Instagram is the easiest way.

I had to go searching for it , scroll down to page 25.

Today has been a fair old disaster , safe to say. Aside from the stream issues with juniors , I've been watching live qualifying on the UCI site. About 15 riders came down , then they had like an hour break before quali resumed. Seems to be weather affected again as the top guys are all coming down at least 7 seconds off the pace. It will be a fight to squeeze into the top 60!

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Don't know if anyone watched the Pinkbike documentaries from last season, they're pretty good but if you did, then Aimi Kenyon's progress is remarkable. From scared of jumps to regular podiums in a year.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
I'm nowhere near sold on the commentary yet , those 2 offer no insight into what's going on , it seems like sometimes they aren't even watching what's going on.

I am happier with ambient sound , I've got live timing on another monitor so I can see who's coming up and overall standings.

As for the other presenters , the one who dropped the F bomb and the other one who despite holding a tablet , appears to not even know who won semis a couple of hours ago.... laughable.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Andii? Vali? Anyone?

john travolta bolo tie GIF

Last edited:

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
Is it me being sh1t or is it really hard to find results and data outside insta and YouTube?

Who is running the UCI results site?

Unfortunately the timing and weird paywall/timing/youtube/app makes it less desirable to buy the season, have a ride in the UK morning and get home to watch it.

We tried today and even though paying didn't make it work.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
During the event , Im finding the live timing has all the info I need and it seems to work well so far

Im not sure what they have been like as far as getting results up after the event but the layout and access here seems pretty decent: UCI MTB World Series
Select the round , then the event. PDF formats available at the bottom of the page if you want them also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles