Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

twistgripper

Aug 7, 2019
Canada
4 months and 3 days later....this arrives.
IMG_20230109_145127 (Small).jpg

No signature requirement, ups guy just dumped on front porch...thankfully I was home.
checked carefully, no damage, but they forgot to include the shock bushings.
Going on a trip in 2 days - Gonna ride a Trek Rail in Mexico and bomb down some mountains around Puerto Vallarta!
build will have to start in Feb at earliest.

Mirus

Sep 20, 2022
USA
Can anyone tell me if there is a connector on the CAN m620 to accept brake / shift inputs. I want to wire up my Kindernay hydraulic shifter to cut power when upshifting. Because it's a hassle to wait for the motor to fully stop outputting during a shift.

Although it seems you've already figured it out, for future reference:

For CAN I'm not sure a stock cable exists, although I've read you can just get a Y-Splitter for the shift-sensor cable and rig it that way (the stop signals are the same I believe).

For UART this cable exists: Magura E-bus Cable for Bafang Ultra M620 G510

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
The CAN m620 shift cut is the 3 wire white connector coming directly out of the motor. I can 100% confirm this is correct.

The are Ebus cables that have the BRAKE switch inputs for bothe CAN and UART. But the eBus cable that came with my motor doesn't have those branch's coming out. It only has the throttle and display connectors. It seams that there are different versions of the Ebus cables. Some have 2 connectors like mine (throttle + display). Others have 4 connectors (throttle, display, brake, brake).

Im not sure if there Is a difference in how the motor reacts between a BRAKE event and SHIFT event. I know that when you trigger the SHIFT input, the motor instantly stops output, and stays off for a short delay, approximately 1 second.

It would be interesting to know if the BRAKE input works the same? Or if it is only active when the input is triggered. And more specifically, if the motor power resumed instantly after the BRAKE input turned off, or if it had the same 1 second delay as the SHIFT input. If the brake input instantly resumed power output when the brake is released, then it might actually be a better option for the the Kindernay hydraulic shift.

Because with the kindernay IGH, as soon as the gear shift has completed, the pressure on the shift hydraulics drops. So having that 1 second delay is not necessary. And is a little bit of an annoyance having to wait for power to resume.

Although it seems you've already figured it out, for future reference:

For CAN I'm not sure a stock cable exists, although I've read you can just get a Y-Splitter for the shift-sensor cable and rig it that way (the stop signals are the same I believe).

For UART this cable exists: Magura E-bus Cable for Bafang Ultra M620 G510

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
Hi Guys,
I'm sorry I wasn't expecting that level of enthusiasm.

Here are the details of how I managed to deal with Wheeltop:
- I emailed them the same remarks as you: " website unreachable". The salesperson returned to me, explaining that they couldn't sell it outside mainland China because they had a contract with another Brand.
- I've insisted, telling her that it is not for resale. I asked for a sample, telling her that might trigger other sales from my MTB club( you guys).
- I've signed an NDA and other documents, and after a few discussions, they agreed to a sample.
- the EDS was shipped by DHL from Hong Kong and arrived three days later.
- Total price with DHL and Paypal fees: $340,42 USD.
I'm happy to share the contact person's email, but only in private. Please message me with your email in private, and I will forward you the details, and you will order as a" club "member.
Alternatively, you could find it on Aliexpress, some sellers have it: DERaILLEUR also Here or There.
there are a few things that you need to be aware of:
- the manual is useless, the translation is poor, I had to help myself, and happy to share what I found ( eg: how to zero the initial speed with the rigger on the 1st install)
- the app is useful for adjustments. However, the translation is sometimes hazardous. you need to stay open-minded.
-@neeko, it is delivered with 2 batteries, I always have a pair in my backpack, and so far, I have never had to swap them while on a ride. I'm still with the one installed at my initial setup and it shows 68% on the app. for my kind of ride, I think I'm safe for the upcoming month with one, but I will update you later with more usage.
I really like the accuracy of shifting, no more rattling chain, the speed of shifting, and the manufacturing quality is great for the price.
do I recommend it? Yes, for the price it is absolutely worth it!
what you might struggle with a bit is setup and language issues, but I suppose that we are all her handy DIY bike builders, right? :)
I am wondering how does this thing start? So I sit on the bike and you need to press/hold a button for it to connect (shifter on the bar with derauiller)? What is the delay in connection and if it is maybe annoying to wait for it?

Steve37

Dec 7, 2022
France
4 months and 3 days later....this arrives.
View attachment 104301
No signature requirement, ups guy just dumped on front porch...thankfully I was home.
checked carefully, no damage, but they forgot to include the shock bushings.
Going on a trip in 2 days - Gonna ride a Trek Rail in Mexico and bomb down some mountains around Puerto Vallarta!
build will have to start in Feb at earliest.
It is scary!
I ordered mine with Chili Shen a month ago, she told me a 60-day delay to deliver to France.
I assume they ship by boat, not by air.
When I see your box, I’m worried about mine!

twistgripper

Aug 7, 2019
Canada
It is scary!
I ordered mine with Chili Shen a month ago, she told me a 60-day delay to deliver to France.
I assume they ship by boat, not by air.
When I see your box, I’m worried about mine!
Yes it was not explained to me that it was going very slowly by sea....i thought by air as some ebike sellers offer decent rates for air transit. so expect to not be able to get updates on tracking for a long time. I was checking ups tracking number about 2x per week and it still just showed up at door one day. all good, no damage despite the poor condition of the box.

Steve37

Dec 7, 2022
France
Yes it was not explained to me that it was going very slowly by sea....i thought by air as some ebike sellers offer decent rates for air transit. so expect to not be able to get updates on tracking for a long time. I was checking ups tracking number about 2x per week and it still just showed up at door one day. all good, no damage despite the poor condition of the box.
Thanks for the answer, like my tracking number informs me of a package that will leave Poland to France and that it is not yet home!
Alibaba tells me that the package is delivered and Chili Shen tells me that you have to trust them!!!!! I hope I didn’t lose $2200!!

Last edited:

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
What kind of the rear shock bushing you used here? I measured the space and it is 16.7mm. But I can not find any rear shock bushings for 16.7mm, they all start from 22mm.

1673971238670.png

phunka

Jan 17, 2023
Canmore ab
From watching the cheeb video I was inspired to purchase the E06 .it was my 2nd ebike ,but 1st mid motor decent quality bike..my wife at 1st thought ebikes were silly until she tried my e06. Now we just ordered her a size small e22 .It will be built up with parts procured here in canada. Lucky enough my son is a certified bike tech, and his friend an ebike mechanic. I joined this site because of recomendation from a reddit sub and funny enough from a sales person from greenbikekit. I was hoping to see some actual step by step build videos here. But there does seem to be a decent amount of usefull knowledge to glean.thank you Rob and Neeko for showing me about the beauty of ebikes and dengfu .

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
From watching the cheeb video I was inspired to purchase the E06 .it was my 2nd ebike ,but 1st mid motor decent quality bike..my wife at 1st thought ebikes were silly until she tried my e06. Now we just ordered her a size small e22 .It will be built up with parts procured here in canada. Lucky enough my son is a certified bike tech, and his friend an ebike mechanic. I joined this site because of recomendation from a reddit sub and funny enough from a sales person from greenbikekit. I was hoping to see some actual step by step build videos here. But there does seem to be a decent amount of usefull knowledge to glean.thank you Rob and Neeko for showing me about the beauty of ebikes and dengfu .
Hi @phunka, welcome.
I've been somewhat absent in terms of publishing videos over the last month, as I've heavily invested in some new camera gear and editing software. Nevertheless, the plan will be to release content as to how to build (step-by-step) each Dengfu ebike frame (including the E22). Outlining the tools, components, grease, carbon assembly paste etc. And where to administer them.
With each frame build, I will make a separate thread, specific to that frame (with the exception of the E10, as I'm sure the moderators would simply close any new E10 threads).

In the meantime the first two pages of the E22 thread, should be a starting point to checking over the frame. Inspecting each bearing area and applying grease. As well as understanding the cable routing of both the mechanical and electrical cables.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to either myself, @Mabman, @bram.biesiekierski and all contributors of the thread.

In addition, once you've sourced your rear shock (230x60), be sure to reach out to @Offset. They have recently a dedicated page for bushings for the E22 frame.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your partner's E22 frame 👍🏿

giczalec

Jan 26, 2023
EU
I also dont find it to bu

Unfortunately i was running the dhx 2 only one time because it need a service. The cane creek progressive is 510-600 and i am 90kg.
On my dh bike i ride a super deluxe coil with Race only progressive spring. Cant say much about feeling of the dhx 2 because i also not was on my setup...
hello, does your battery burned with bike? Or it was other one guy? I trying to make 14s8p too in frame

BonBond

Jun 19, 2022
Sussex
Gave my bike is first proper ride at the weekend - and an interesting new paint job...

The weather has been awful here, but couldn't wait any more, so decided to brave the cold and avoid the mud.

E22PaintJob.PNG

Overall I'm super-impressed, the bike is brilliant, composed and comfortable.

Not the biggest ride, 23 miles and 1900' of climb, mainly off road. Battery was just a touch under 60% when I got home (peddled hard but wasn't shy with the juice).

Defo a few tweaks to make, but overall really happy.

An aside: The M620 is REALLY loud compared to my BBSHD, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I've read that the stock grease is a bit crap and interested if anybody has serviced their motor and whether that made a difference.

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
Gave my bike is first proper ride at the weekend - and an interesting new paint job...

The weather has been awful here, but couldn't wait any more, so decided to brave the cold and avoid the mud.

View attachment 105550

Overall I'm super-impressed, the bike is brilliant, composed and comfortable.

Not the biggest ride, 23 miles and 1900' of climb, mainly off road. Battery was just a touch under 60% when I got home (peddled hard but wasn't shy with the juice).

Defo a few tweaks to make, but overall really happy.

An aside: The M620 is REALLY loud compared to my BBSHD, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I've read that the stock grease is a bit crap and interested if anybody has serviced their motor and whether that made a difference.
I have an Innotrace M620 with I think Motul grease (an option when ordering) and I have to say the motor is just slightly louder than Bosch, I was surprised in this regard.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
I have an Innotrace M620 with I think Motul grease (an option when ordering) and I have to say the motor is just slightly louder than Bosch, I was surprised in this regard.
Did you buy it from Innotrace directly? If so how long did it take them to ship it to you after you ordered the motor? And did they provide a programming cable with the motor?

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
Did you buy it from Innotrace directly? If so how long did it take them to ship it to you after you ordered the motor? And did they provide a programming cable with the motor?
Directly from Innotrace yes, it took them cca 14 days to ship it + a few days to arrive. I also ordered programming cable, but have not tried it yet - have some error on my old laptop, that is why.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Can somebody clarify regarding the new frames battery lid? Is it attached to the battery like in the new e55 or licks to the frame like in the old e22?

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
I am sure it is attached to the battery because of it looks exactly like e55 battery. You can check more pictures of the frame on the Wattwagons website Hydra (Gen 2) . By the way they claim they developed the frame, which probably means Dengfu developed (modified e22) frame for them and they may own the mold and the factory makes this frame exclusively for them. If they own the mold this frame may be available for purchase only from WattWagons just like the Biktrix Monte Capro Ultra 2 frame available for purchase only from Biktrix.

1675227326831.png

Last edited:

Ible

Jan 29, 2023
UK
Coming together nicely, as a complete novice to e-biking especially knowledge concerning part specifications and compatibility I don't suppose there's any chance you will publish a parts list when build complete? Anyhoo keep us up to date with the progress. GG.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles