Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

timal

Sep 21, 2022
australia
Hi Guys,
I'm sorry I wasn't expecting that level of enthusiasm.

Here are the details of how I managed to deal with Wheeltop:
- I emailed them the same remarks as you: " website unreachable". The salesperson returned to me, explaining that they couldn't sell it outside mainland China because they had a contract with another Brand.
- I've insisted, telling her that it is not for resale. I asked for a sample, telling her that might trigger other sales from my MTB club( you guys).
- I've signed an NDA and other documents, and after a few discussions, they agreed to a sample.
- the EDS was shipped by DHL from Hong Kong and arrived three days later.
- Total price with DHL and Paypal fees: $340,42 USD.
I'm happy to share the contact person's email, but only in private. Please message me with your email in private, and I will forward you the details, and you will order as a" club "member.
Alternatively, you could find it on Aliexpress, some sellers have it: DERaILLEUR also Here or There.
there are a few things that you need to be aware of:
- the manual is useless, the translation is poor, I had to help myself, and happy to share what I found ( eg: how to zero the initial speed with the rigger on the 1st install)
- the app is useful for adjustments. However, the translation is sometimes hazardous. you need to stay open-minded.
-@neeko, it is delivered with 2 batteries, I always have a pair in my backpack, and so far, I have never had to swap them while on a ride. I'm still with the one installed at my initial setup and it shows 68% on the app. for my kind of ride, I think I'm safe for the upcoming month with one, but I will update you later with more usage.
I really like the accuracy of shifting, no more rattling chain, the speed of shifting, and the manufacturing quality is great for the price.
do I recommend it? Yes, for the price it is absolutely worth it!
what you might struggle with a bit is setup and language issues, but I suppose that we are all her handy DIY bike builders, right? :)

CrownSeven

Dec 5, 2022
Minnesota, USA
Hey everyone newbie here. Looking to build up an e22 based bike. What size would you recommend for someone who’s 173 cm? I was told the 16inch frame is recommended but concerned that may be to small (I usually go with larger sized bikes).

Mayners

Mar 18, 2022
Germany
Can anybody confirm that the slacksizer headset is fitting ?
Screenshot_20221206-030024_Chrome.jpg

I am not sure because the works has a insertion deep of 11mm I think.
20221206_003749.jpg

Today I tested with Standard lower cup and work upper cup. It has a little space at the rear of the under cup, I think its also not optimal but I have to say it goas smoothly round. But with jumps I think its not good for the head tube so I ended up to put the comeplete Standard headset in...

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
How did you guys manage the cables runing through the frame? I have not built the complete bike yet, just inserted all the cables (not sure how you say in english, bowdens maybe? (for rear derauiller) and brake hoses and when pulling the rear fork all the way up, both brake hose and derauiler cable move through the entire frame all the way up to the headtube. I can screw those holders behind the battery to hold the cables in place, but would this be ok in the long run?

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
How did you guys manage the cables runing through the frame? I have not built the complete bike yet, just inserted all the cables (not sure how you say in english, bowdens maybe? (for rear derauiller) and brake hoses and when pulling the rear fork all the way up, both brake hose and derauiler cable move through the entire frame all the way up to the headtube. I can screw those holders behind the battery to hold the cables in place, but would this be ok in the long run?
On mine, I put some cable ties around the cables where they exit above the motor. The motor is a tight fit and you will kinda need to pull the cables off to one side as the motor is inserted.

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
So when the motor will be mounted it will basically squeeze the cables, and the movement will probably be gone?

I also received the motor today, man what a heavy thing this is! The crankarms and the chainring are also very heavy, I believe here I could save almost half a kilo with some aftermarket parts - I have seen you talking about raceface aeffect crankarms and a spider adapter with custom chainring - has anyone at least tried to evaluate the weight gain when replacing these two parts (especially because new aeffects and spider are probably 150€)?

Last edited:

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
You can save on the cranks by using Bosch gen 4 cranks. Many options of different length out there. Also not sure,but I think m500/m600 spider should fit m620. Please correct me if I am wrong as I don't own an m620 myself

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
You can save on the cranks by using Bosch gen 4 cranks. Many options of different length out there. Also not sure,but I think m500/m600 spider should fit m620. Please correct me if I am wrong as I don't own an m620 myself
Thanks.

Any first hand info from someone, if these chainrings, intended for Bosch gen4, would also fit bafang m620 perhaps:

Thanks!

Mayners

Mar 18, 2022
Germany
Thanks.

Any first hand info from someone, if these chainrings, intended for Bosch gen4, would also fit bafang m620 perhaps:

Thanks!
No, dont fit.

Thats a other spider you can use.

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
Hello everyone! I'm again reinterested in the dengfu e22 for an upcoming build, I originally looked at the e22 but decided that I likely couldn't fit a battery with the capacity I was looking for. Then I looked at the new e55 but with currently no large frame, the battery cover built into the battery box which would make building a custom battery without using the box (to fit something bigger) difficult. And I plain just like the looks of the e22 more. I plan to pair the m620 with a high power external controller which I assumed would increase my wh/mile drastically but now I don't really think that will be the case. My current ebike has a 832wh battery and a bbshd, I just got my hands on a Ludi v2 controller which increased my power by a lot but more surprisingly this didn't seem to affect my wh/mile at all under normal riding conditions (even while enjoying that extra power occasionally haha). But my second day with it I did a ride where I pretty much was hammering on the throttle the whole time and I did see my range about half for the voltage used. Suffice to say I think I over estimated my "need" of at least 1500wh but I would like more than what my current bike has. I would really like at least 20s4p but a 5~6p would be nice for better cell life among other things which I know isn't an easy task for the frame. Tdlr: I would like to build a custom 72v battery for the dengfu e22 if I did go with one, but I also don't want to commit to buying the frame without knowing if it will fit my needs, would be a lot of money to spend and not be happy. So I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

My questions will relate to the large size frame. First if someone was to build a soft case battery how does the battery cover mount to the frame and does the leave any holes exposed allowing moisture to possibly get in?
What is the max length of the inner battery tube with the mounting stuff removed? (again in a situation where someone makes there own without the box). I was given a 3d file by Tomblarom which stated 500mm but I wanted to confirm this as I forgot to ask what size frame that was. And also I saw a few users mention opening up the frame more to get more space, now I know that this can comprise the frame but to be honest I'm not doing anything even close to serious enough that I would worry about this, anyone know what the max length would be if I did this?
And finally can someone get my the measurements for this area assuming that the rear shock doesn't have a piggyback? I would really appreciate this as my backup plan if I cannot fit enough cells is to make a second battery in the triangle. I don't need the measurements to be exact just close enough is fine so I can get a rough idea of how many cells I could it.

I really appreciate the help and thanks Neeko Devinchi as I used your photo haha

dengfu e22 reference red.jpg

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Two answer some of your questions:
I have built a soft case battery for dengfu E10 size Large which by the looks is identical to the one of e22. I am convinced that 14s4p is the absolute maximum you can fit there without cutting the frame. Even fitting that battery was not easy, I had to push it in millimeter by millimeter.. the available compartment length is under 44cm.
Also had to be careful with BMS height and choose 10mm tall instead of 15mm. I am attaching some photos to give you an idea.

As for the waterproofness of the frame, you will definitely need to work on that, mostly around the battery cover but also cable ports. I used some black silicon, but mostly relying on having the pack waterproof.

Now I also want to ask you why do you want to use an external controller and will it have pedal assist? The stock controller gives around 1700w peak which imo is plenty for an ebike. You might also want to check custom Innotrace controller.

received_5331994563579556.jpeg IMG_20221206_180038.jpg IMG_20221111_151348.jpg

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
Two answer some of your questions:
I have built a soft case battery for dengfu E10 size Large which by the looks is identical to the one of e22. I am convinced that 14s4p is the absolute maximum you can fit there without cutting the frame. Even fitting that battery was not easy, I had to push it in millimeter by millimeter.. the available compartment length is under 44cm.
Also had to be careful with BMS height and choose 10mm tall instead of 15mm. I am attaching some photos to give you an idea.

As for the waterproofness of the frame, you will definitely need to work on that, mostly around the battery cover but also cable ports. I used some black silicon, but mostly relying on having the pack waterproof.

Now I also want to ask you why do you want to use an external controller and will it have pedal assist? The stock controller gives around 1700w peak which imo is plenty for an ebike. You might also want to check custom Innotrace controller.

View attachment 103631 View attachment 103632 View attachment 103633
Hey thanks for the reply, I'm not entirely convinced the battery compartments are the same size on the e10 vs e22 though. A user in this thread was able to make a 14s4p 21700 battery that mounted in place of the stock one and retained the stock mounting mechanism which looked like it took a fair amount of space up. My thought was that if I removed that hardware I would gain more room. Your battery does look pretty tight though. How do you mount the bottom cover to your frame without the battery stuff?

As for the waterproofing would you say its overall fairly water resistant? To be honest I'm very much a fair weather rider and I will even avoid puddles / mud on my bike now as I don't want to deal with cleaning the bike after so I don't think its a real concern to me but of course I wouldn't want to risk something happening to my battery.

And my reasoning for wanting an external controller pretty much comes down to that currently my bbshd bike has one so I don't want a downgrade in power for what is supposed to be my "high end" build compared to my budget hardtail and that a good 80%+ of my riding currently is on the road and not trails. Having extra power to get off the line at stoplights and when cars are around is nice. I mean yes 1700w is already a lot but the power bug bit me and now I can't go back and a 6kw m620 sounds like a blast haha. For the trails I believe 1700w is mostly overkill, most of my riding on them is around the 300w mark with the bbshd. As for why an external controller other than more power, well keeping as much heat away from the motor sounds good to me when during the summer I see 100+f temps out. I ruled out the innotrace controller due to lack of features I would find with an external controller like higher voltages, better display, easy customizing, more features etc. And the innotrace is really expensive in the USA, its quite literally double the cost due to wattwagons jacking up the price. $2000 just for the motor and controller, I can get a m620 kit from greenbikekit for $770 and then a aftermarket controller for anywhere from $350~$700. So a lot of savings and a better kit for my needs with more features. If I could buy the innotrace motor and controller directly from them for the roughly $1000 usd its priced when I tried to order one I probably would just go that route. And yes I fully plan to hook up the torque sensor to the controller and have it working.

Last edited:

Mayners

Mar 18, 2022
Germany
I ride at the moment a Innotrace x1 3000w Controller with 14s8p 60A accu. But for me its realy enaugh. Mostly rid 20-40A at 52V. So around 1000-2000W. The accu is cut in 2 half. I post some picture of that. Even with my another frame I also "cut" the frame to fit the 14s8p accu. "Cut" means to remove the stages inside the frame with a dremel. Its not realy hard. And a friend with e10 told me that there a no stages inside his frame. Because of this I think the stages could not give much stability for the frame. E10 riders can confirm that there are no stages inside?

Mayners

Mar 18, 2022
Germany
Screenshot_20221228-193147_Messenger.jpg

My friend said this is his E10 frame inside direct from dengfu. So no stages. And I have to say the stages inside the e22 are realy tight and small so I rly dont think it make a differenz when you remove it. Also when you ride mostly street.

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
View attachment 103642
My friend said this is his E10 frame inside direct from dengfu. So no stages. And I have to say the stages inside the e22 are realy tight and small so I rly dont think it make a differenz when you remove it. Also when you ride mostly street.
Thanks for the reply, your post about this battery originally was one of the reasons I was considering doing it. And like you say, when I'm mostly on the street and the trails near me are only up to blues so nothing to serious. And I do think the Innotrace x1 would overall be fine for me but the price tag here in the USA means I could get a really nice feature packed external powerful controller and save a lot of money, just makes more sense for me to go that route. Can you confirm the max length with the stage removed and just to confirm you have a large frame?

BonBond

Jun 19, 2022
Sussex
Hey Folks

Sorry I've not been around, I got struck down with COVID and haven't been doing much of anything recently...

Anyway, I’ve finally got my battery back from the builders today, with great excitement I plugged it in.

Bike powers up, brake sensors show on display etc, battery voltage reading correctly etc, but I’m getting no power from the motor.

I’m suspecting that I got a duff controller in the motor, but any tips for trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Cheers 😭

BonBond

Jun 19, 2022
Sussex
Hey Folks

Sorry I've not been around, I got struck down with COVID and haven't been doing much of anything recently...

Anyway, I’ve finally got my battery back from the builders today, with great excitement I plugged it in.

Bike powers up, brake sensors show on display etc, battery voltage reading correctly etc, but I’m getting no power from the motor.

I’m suspecting that I got a duff controller in the motor, but any tips for trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Cheers 😭
okay, I'm an idiot - its fine :)

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
I know that I am littering the thread, but I just finished my e22 build with the innotrace motor and I have to say it really is amazing! The power is insane, even at pas levels 1 or 2, and when you press the throttle it just floors the seat and accelerates to 50 kmh almost no matter in which gear you have it :)

But it also floors the battery, the consumption was insane, probably because we were all pushing it hard on the first runs. So the next build should be e55 frame with custom battery. :)

BonBond

Jun 19, 2022
Sussex
I know that I am littering the thread, but I just finished my e22 build with the innotrace motor and I have to say it really is amazing! The power is insane, even at pas levels 1 or 2, and when you press the throttle it just floors the seat and accelerates to 50 kmh almost no matter in which gear you have it :)

But it also floors the battery, the consumption was insane, probably because we were all pushing it hard on the first runs. So the next build should be e55 frame with custom battery. :)
What battery do you have? I've just squeezed a 20Ah 52v battery into my E22...

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
I bought it from dingtai batteries on aliexpress. It is in the original case, 52V, cca 17Ah, 40A.

You made yours yourself or you bought it somewhere?

BonBond

Jun 19, 2022
Sussex
I bought it from dingtai batteries on aliexpress. It is in the original case, 52V, cca 17Ah, 40A.

You made yours yourself or you bought it somewhere?
I designed and printed my own case:

....and had the battery built by Jimmy at ebikebatteries.co.uk. The images above show v1 of the case (it didn't work for Jimmy, so had to change the internal layout a bit). Jimmy is amazing, the guy is a legend. :love:

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa

I want one super bad but i am terrified that they will mess up my shipping to usa. i just feel so uncomfortable with their german website since payments are not credit card? and usa is not in the drop down shipping menu. anyone have any advice?

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
Shipping to usa should not be more than cca 75€-100€. I ordered tongsheng osf motor 2 years ago from usa and it came to europe in a few days for cca 75€.
Bank transfer is quite common here in europe, especially germany. I had no doubts transfering them money, but that probably comes from the fact that I am also european...

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I want one super bad but i am terrified that they will mess up my shipping to usa. i just feel so uncomfortable with their german website since payments are not credit card? and usa is not in the drop down shipping menu. anyone have any advice?
I thought USA customers have to buy through wattwagons or something. And pay double. Some kind of deal.

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
This was my understanding as well, try to order one on innotrace's site and USA isn't listed as a shipping location. Maybe they will do it if you send an email?
I got an invoice from them after debating through email about the parts, so there is definetly not necessery to make an order via online shop, so give it a try with an email with what you need together with shipping.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles