Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Timmy65

Feb 22, 2021
Netherlands
OK I did 10K yesterday on the new M500 motor.

Power is most certainly more and the bike feels much more responsive:

- In level 3 peak power is reached much quicker with slower cadence and less rider torque
- Power was showing at 500w+ on the display constantly on hills, rather than just occasionally on the previous motor
- Seems to be a small bit of overrun (bit like Bosch) after you stop pedaling

Still not quite as instant to engage up to full power as some other motors. Requires a couple of rotations, but its a fair bit different to before.

Also, I asked Bafang about the differences. Here's what they say:

1. The hardware is changed from existing M500, we changed winding turns from 19T to 15T in motor and 6 FAMOS to 12 FAMOS in controller.

2. The firmware/software is also changed. The response time of motor start changes with torque, torque response is faster, constant power output of high step frequency, constant torque output of low step frequency, etc

3. Because of the hardware changing, we can not update firmware at existing M500 to achieve the same performance.
Good to hear they updated the motor, hopefully i get the new ones i ordered.

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Y'all are so luck to order the Dengfu E10 since Melody has not replied to my request of purchasing it yet. I hope to hear from her very soon! It's wait and pray time ?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Y'all are so luck to order the Dengfu E10 since Melody has not replied to my request of purchasing it yet. I hope to hear from her very soon! It's wait and pray time ?
There might be a lot more other things to pray for in these times ?. I think they are just overload with requests and work as Chinese New Year just passed and they were out of office for 10 days. Melody normally answers within 1-2 days. I placed my order on january 18th and will not get anything delivered before beginning april ??. How long are you waiting for feedback now?

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
I manage to find a seller on Alibaba offering the same frameset with shipping fee for each; quote is below in USD$. While waiting for shipping time and warranty info, what do you think about it? I'm considering this route if I can get them faster.

Frame E10 $799 + $150
M600 motor $680 + $130
Battery 48V 17AH 814wh $330 +$130

Last edited:

Islandjj

Jan 27, 2021
IOW
Hi I notice on Robs frame , CHEEB , the frame is flared in at the top of its headstock whereas the headstock on the one I’m thinking of purchasing is flat ,E10 below, is it the same frame .?
1614333687717.jpeg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I manage to find a seller on Alibaba offering the same frameset with shipping fee for each; quote is below in USD$. While waiting for shipping time and warranty info, what do you think about it? I'm considering this route if I can get them faster.

Frame E10 $799 + $150
M600 motor $680 + $130
Battery 48V 17AH 814wh $330 +$130
Could You please provide a link?

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Some info for painters:

In attachment are paints available from Dengfu. Single color paint 85 USD, 2 colors 105. Against black matt default color expect significant longer delivery time (+1 month). Also when ordering, extra rear derailer is 8 USD. Seat clamp is usually part of delivery of frame, doest not need to be bought extra (maybe its part of headset, i dont know).

Attachments

• PT color.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 369

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Is it possible to install a Cane Creek Angleset? Is the headset delivered with the frame semi integrated (ZS) or fully integrated (IS)? Are there cups that need to be pressed into the frame?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Is it possible to install a Cane Creek Angleset? Is the headset delivered with the frame semi integrated (ZS) or fully integrated (IS)? Are there cups that need to be pressed into the frame?
As far as I know headset is not delivered but there has nothing to be pressed in the frame as it is set up.already

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
After checking Dengfu E10 info‘s again, its pretty much clear now that the frame is designed for 29“ wheels, and 150 mm suspension travel front and rear. This fits to the geometry change that Rob provided, with mullet setup and 170 mm fork. My assumption was that the frame is designed for 27.5“ wheels, that was wrong and caused me some headache :). So I will go with mullet setup as well, 180 mm fork, and 216 x 63 shock and offset bushings to fine tune installed shock length.

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
After checking Dengfu E10 info‘s again, its pretty much clear now that the frame is designed for 29“ wheels, and 150 mm suspension travel front and rear. This fits to the geometry change that Rob provided, with mullet setup and 170 mm fork. My assumption was that the frame is designed for 27.5“ wheels, that was wrong and caused me some headache :). So I will go with mullet setup as well, 180 mm fork, and 216 x 63 shock and offset bushings to fine tune installed shock length.
wow serious cushing to the max man! May I ask where are you ordering your rear shock and offset bushing from as I might go the same route?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Just be a little aware how slack the head angle all ready is, I'm running 150mm approx front and rear on 27.5 fat 2.8" tyres ( almost the same OD as 29 " 2.4" and for my X Country stuff I do, the frame already is verging on getting that dull steering feel on tight slow single track you get with too much head angle. You start pushing up the front further and yes you will get longer travel but you will loose some of the nimbleness together wiith the higher BB creating that on the bike rather than in the bike feel. Just a personal take on things I guess.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Parts are coming in dribbs and drabbs. Forks came today that raised the question does the E10 frame come with a head set? I'm guessing not. So no idea what to get, any advice please. Also I thought as I was going the so called cheap Chinese rout I would try carbon fibre wheels aswell. I shall let you know when they arrive. Not sure how wheel hubs work as the price range is crazy. I have a concrete grinding business and normally have to replace bearings (Chinese) with new Japanese bearings. I am assuming this is possible with wheel hubs aswell. Anyway perhaps not. I am enjoying the journey so far.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Parts are coming in dribbs and drabbs. Forks came today that raised the question does the E10 frame come with a head set? I'm guessing not. So no idea what to get, any advice please. Also I thought as I was going the so called cheap Chinese rout I would try carbon fibre wheels aswell. I shall let you know when they arrive. Not sure how wheel hubs work as the price range is crazy. I have a concrete grinding business and normally have to replace bearings (Chinese) with new Japanese bearings. I am assuming this is possible with wheel hubs aswell. Anyway perhaps not. I am enjoying the journey so far.
head set is basicaly proposed in intial offer by dengfu, if customer does not remove it => it is provided

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
wow serious cushing to the max man! May I ask where are you ordering your rear shock and offset bushing from as I might go the same route?
Plan is to order the Zeb Ultimate 29“ 180, the Vivid Coil ((Super Deluxe is not available in 216 x 63) or the Vivid Air, from wherever available at best price in Germany. Offset Bushings directly from offsetbushings.com in GB, link was provided by Rob in the build thread. I ordered bushings before there, with no issues. Completing with XT 1x11 drivetrain, 34 chainring and 11-46 cassette. MT 7 brakes, Bikeyoke Seatpost, Handbuild Wheels, Schwalbe Big Betty and Magic Mary 2.6, tubeless. Cant wait to start!

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Just be a little aware how slack the head angle all ready is, I'm running 150mm approx front and rear on 27.5 fat 2.8" tyres ( almost the same OD as 29 " 2.4" and for my X Country stuff I do, the frame already is verging on getting that dull steering feel on tight slow single track you get with too much head angle. You start pushing up the front further and yes you will get longer travel but you will loose some of the nimbleness together wiith the higher BB creating that on the bike rather than in the bike feel. Just a personal take on things I guess.
I calculated based on Dengfu geo chart, and the assumption this geo is based on a 29“ wheels with 2.6“ tires. With that, the longer rear shock and the longer fork, the headangle will be at 64.2 deg., BB hight at 358 mm. So far thats the theory ?, if this turns out to become reality, I‘m fine...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles