Dead lapierre e zesty 9.2 replacement woes !

stevekingchef

Sep 27, 2022
Sussex uk
Hi guys ,

Well my lapierre e zesty lasted six weeks before the fazua motor mounts gave way ,no replacement bikes or frames ,and was offered a "carbon bonding fix "

To be honest I'm dubious of this and not really keen on having a 6week old bike bodged due to no avalible frames .

Tredz have been fantastic and helping me ,and have offered a replacement bike or refund ,

To keep things simple I'm trying to stick with them and choose a replacement.

I've been looking at

Haibike 2022 allmtn 6 CF

Orbea rise

Marin alpine trail

I loved the feel of the lapierre ,poppy light and great fun ,

I'm 6ft6 ,ride Surry hills ,BPW nothing to scary and tend to do shorter rides with non ebike riders who are quite fit ,I'm more gravity led than climbing and XC ,

I love the mullet set up ,I would love to be able to charge battery seperstly (I think the haibike is the only options with this )

The Marin is spot on but older motor ,and the roxkshox 35 make me wary ,

The haibike looks almost perfect bar maybe a tad short and woes of the carbon frame I've read about ,

And the orbea looks amazing bar being 140mm bike and will it take the abuse of a clumsy rider ?

Let the discussion commence

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Well my lapierre e zesty lasted six weeks before the fazua motor mounts gave way
Umm without actually seeing your frame and the damage, EZesty riders are reporting the bolts holding the crank and transfer gear part into the frames have a reputation to come loose unless they are checked and retorqued after a couple of rides from new. As soon as they are retorqued mine seem pretty stable. If they are loose they will damage the frame if you continue to use the bike.

Can you take a picture of the damage as it maybe repairable as an interim until a new frame arrives.

If not repairable and Tredz are offering a Haibike 6Tf, then its got a slightly more powerful engine, larger battery, longer suspension travel, a bit more All Mountain than Trail oreintated, lighter than the EZesty, whats not to like.

The Orbea is a more FF motor, everyone seems to like them, the pro's love them, but although its only a 60NM motor, its still a FF motor and why not just accept the 85NM and still fit the lighter weight battery and running gear ? The suspension travel is just an air shaft change in the front suspension away from a 160mm front suspension, running the sag at 30% to match the 140mm rear and voila it will suit your easy trails.

stevekingchef

Sep 27, 2022
Sussex uk
Umm without actually seeing your frame and the damage, EZesty riders are reporting the bolts holding the crank and transfer gear part into the frames have a reputation to come loose unless they are checked and retorqued after a couple of rides from new. As soon as they are retorqued mine seem pretty stable. If they are loose they will damage the frame if you continue to use the bike.

Can you take a picture of the damage as it maybe repairable as an interim until a new frame arrives.

If not repairable and Tredz are offering a Haibike 6Tf, then its got a slightly more powerful engine, larger battery, longer suspension travel, a bit more All Mountain than Trail oreintated, lighter than the EZesty, whats not to like.

The Orbea is a more FF motor, everyone seems to like them, the pro's love them, but although its only a 60NM motor, its still a FF motor and why not just accept the 85NM and still fit the lighter weight battery and running gear ? The suspension travel is just an air shaft change in the front suspension away from a 160mm front suspension, running the sag at 30% to match the 140mm rear and voila it will suit your easy trails.
Hi Wayne ,

Unfortunately the bike is already on its way back to Raleigh from Tredz ,they inspected the frame and said the bolts were not retaining the required torque which is why it all came lose and damaged ,chainring ,frame etc etc .
Also the rear linkages were torwged twice to factory spec and constantly came loose ,which is a shame as was an amazing bike for the £4000 paid .

Yes the option of the orbea running a airspring upto 160mm would be a option ,as I like the rest of the bikes Geo ,was just a bit concerned if the bomber z2 may be a bit "flimsy" ?

The haibike CF looks amazing also

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
If the retainers have stripped then its more likely been over torqued at some stage. Theres some pretty good helicoil kits for such purposes these days.

I'm running a 160mm Z2 on my Ezesty and 95kgs with kit on, loving it but then I don't do big jumps and Bike Park type of riding on it, it is a trail bike essentially after all and the Maza's for the money are pretty good. If you go up to 36mm staunchions such as the Z1 then the weight starts to creep up. Its a balance between your weight and the terrain whether you need big burly forks.

Got to admit I do like the Fazua gear and the EZesty has to be one of most underated bikes around, possibly that early outrider that broke the journo's perceived rules and ahead of its time. If it was launched today with the Trail 60 setup it would be a very good lightweight bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles