• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

De-restricting Bosch gen4 with Nyon display

laral14

May 6, 2023
Canada
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone have experience with De-restricting a bosch gen 4 cx with the nyon display. I am planning on installing a speedbox 3 on it but I am concern about the connectivity of the nyon. It send/receive data over the air through my smartphone (bluetooth) and wifi internet. Would that make it easier from their end to detect tampering with a chip? The speed can be tricked but I doubt the torque/amount of power consumed can be. It would be easy to identify tampering if you compare the speed with the amount of torque being drawn. I heard the amount of datas these machine can record is quite in depth.

My partner has the same chip on her bike but she has the purion display, its been pretty solid so far.

Would you guys disable wifi and bluetooth? If so I am guessing that I wont be able to synchronize and upload my rides. What are your experience?

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Not really. I use my bikespeed rs chip for the past 3500 km with a aftermarket kiox display. I sync all my rides, use the navigation and had 0 issues.

Mines fault less, no max speed assistance being set. I can even go to a dealer, put it in service mode and put it on a bosch diagnostic tool.

laral14

May 6, 2023
Canada
Not really. I use my bikespeed rs chip for the past 3500 km with a aftermarket kiox display. I sync all my rides, use the navigation and had 0 issues.

Mines fault less, no max speed assistance being set. I can even go to a dealer, put it in service mode and put it on a bosch diagnostic tool.
Good to know! What do you mean by "mines fault less"?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles