Custom eMTB Lite mode

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
I did not know that the torque changed with the modes, just the % assistance. Do you have a link with the Nm of eco & tour ?
system/Hub gear system*
Support level (%)TURBO: 340
eMTB**: 140-340
TOUR: 140
ECO: 60
Maximum possible drive torque (Nm)TURBO: 85***
eMTB**: 75
TOUR: 50
ECO: 40
Maximum cadence (rpm)> 120
Start-up behaviorVery sporty
Max. support up to25 km/h
Backpedal functionno
Gear shift detectionyes
(dynamic)
Weight ca. 2,9 kg
Maximum possible drive torque (Nm)
csm_Bosch-eBike_systemuebersicht_thumbnail_PerformanceLineCX-MY2020-p1_b043ff1d78.png

Gear type
Support level (%)

Reactions: Pan

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I tell you what would solve all of this. A Bosch app that just lets us adjust the motor parameters. I don’t own the Rail, but would like to adjust the modes on my Bosch eMTB.

silly Having to go to dealers to do such minor updates.

Last edited:

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You can opt to have it in EMTB as well. You should have been asked when the update was done.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
You can opt to have it in EMTB as well. You should have been asked when the update was done.
They're turning this updating into a bit of a mine field.
But I'm happy with the way mine is performing so I'll just leave it be.

Pan

Oct 27, 2020
Qué. Canada
I tell you what would solve all of this. A Bosch app that just lets us adjust the motor parameters. I don’t own the Rail, but would like to adjust the modes on my Bosch eMTB.

Well said ! Hope this arrives one day. I am learning every day from this forum, did not know the torque was different in the different settings.

for the specialized SL can you adjust both the torque and % assist in the app ?

avfc_66

Nov 9, 2020
Devon
So you could have eco/tour/emtb lite/turbo? I thought the lite mode was only to replace tour?
Like others on here, I would definitely be interested in this if it was replacing either emtb or turbo modes but not at the expense of tour

Pan

Oct 27, 2020
Qué. Canada
So you could have eco/tour/emtb lite/turbo? I thought the lite mode was only to replace tour?
Like others on here, I would definitely be interested in this if it was replacing either emtb or turbo modes but not at the expense of tour
No the emtb lite replaces the tour program although the term tour will remain for the display.

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
No the emtb lite replaces the tour program although the term tour will remain for the display.

I was about to ask this question and think you may have answered it, I have a 2021 Rail with version 1.1.2.0, which I believe is the latest version. So does that mean my tour (as shown on the display) is actually emtb lite, as the display offers me eco, tour, emtb and turbo ?

Pan

Oct 27, 2020
Qué. Canada
I was about to ask this question and think you may have answered it, I have a 2021 Rail with version 1.1.2.0, which I believe is the latest version. So does that mean my tour (as shown on the display) is actually emtb lite, as the display offers me eco, tour, emtb and turbo ?
My understanding is that your lbs can set the tour mode to be either strait tour or emtb lite. My 2021 was set as strait (120% support if i remember correctly)tour when delivered, had to go back and have it changed. I was told there is a box to be notched in the set-up program.

For those who prefer range over punch you can keep the max to 75Nm torque I understand. I presume the torque level (and the %potential assistance) of the lower assistance modes will also be a bit lower, but that is to be confirmed. Would need to find the Bosch table of before the 85Nm upgrade to compare.

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
Interesting, so there is no way to tell if you have one or the other ? (as I stills says 'tour' regardless and the software version is the same). I guess it rides differently, but I have zero point of reference

enCrypt

Sep 13, 2020
Douglas
Yep, as I understand it (and I think its how mine is) the Tour mode can be changed to EMTB Lite. The display doesnt change from Tour as if you think about it, there arent enough characters on the screen for "EMTBlite"!
I'm pretty certain I can tell that my Tour mode is now a dynamic mode (which I guess it isnt normally), changing the assistance with how much pressure you put into the pedals...which would fit with the above

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
Thanks for confirming. I am pretty sure (based on basic feel on one ride) I have normal tour, it seems to be a static gain, like eco but more, it doesn't feel like it's dynamic. I am not concerned as even eco feels amazing after spending so much time on analogue bikes ?

enCrypt

Sep 13, 2020
Douglas
Thanks for confirming. I am pretty sure (based on basic feel on one ride) I have normal tour, it seems to be a static gain, like eco but more, it doesn't feel like it's dynamic. I am not concerned as even eco feels amazing after spending so much time on analogue bikes ?
Oh I agree, it's my first EMTB too after about 15 yrs on clockwork bikes and Eco feels great. In fact I've hardly used anything higher yet, only briefly trying Turbo for a laugh!

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
I did my first 25m ride at the weekend and was so impressed even with eco (and even turned that off now and then) that I got home with 72% battery left ! Haha ??

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
I’ve had the Emtb Lite upgrade done on my 2021 Rail 7 and love it. I’d like to get it done on my sons 2018 PF7 with the older Bosch motor, does anyone know if it can be done?

enCrypt

Sep 13, 2020
Douglas
I’ve had the Emtb Lite upgrade done on my 2021 Rail 7 and love it. I’d like to get it done on my sons 2018 PF7 with the older Bosch motor, does anyone know if it can be done?
I think it only works on the Gen 4 motors from 2020 or 2021 unfortunately

steveo

Jul 20, 2019
Ka15hy
So iam right in saying this EMTB lite is only available for Trek's and not any bike with a bosch gen 4 ?

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
just been for a ride and my bike does in fact have the Emtb lite mode, you can tell by watching the power data on the Kiox and it varies the amount of assist power it applies based on your input, in the same way regular emtb does, but with less gain. A static mode like Eco behaves quite differently when looking at the power graph.

steveo

Jul 20, 2019
Ka15hy
Iam not that desperate that ill pay for it at a different dealer. Think ill hang on and wait for it to be hopefully realesed for all bikes.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN

The new Bosch Nyon 2021 gives now possibility to adjust 4 different modes with.

Nyon MY21 retrofit kit seems to cost approx. 360 euros.

The adjusting is a premium feature that cost couple of euros (2 EUR?)

EMTB Lite though is so good now that I don't know what I would change, maybe just a little boost to ECO.

Rikster

Jul 3, 2020
There where my bike takes me
The new Bosch Nyon 2021 gives now possibility to adjust 4 different modes with.

Nyon MY21 retrofit kit seems to cost approx. 360 euros.

The adjusting is a premium feature that cost couple of euros (2 EUR?)

EMTB Lite though is so good now that I don't know what I would change, maybe just a little boost to ECO.

should be nice if they also made it work voor de Kiox, then I would make the switch from Purion to Kiox. That Nyon is way to big (imo ;) ).
For now I will stick to my Purion/Garmin setup :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles