Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 C:62 SLT 27.5 625 Kiox 2021

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Hi
Just about to buy a Trek rail 9.8xt or SC Heckler MX when I have been offered one of these for £6600 ..... the spec is outrageous but being so new to all this I’m just not sure on the brand ..... Iva heard mixed reviews

looks absolutely stunning ..... ?
Apologies to anyone who has seen many posts from me over the last 24 hours ! Trying to buy my new bike now abs need to be quick as stock is so sparse ! Heckler vs Rail 9.8xt vs this !!
CA4F64A0-3370-481E-8CC0-7E808C256A60.jpeg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Can you tell us which dealer??
It looks amazing although a little chunkier than many eMTB I have noticed when out on the trails
I understand that they are a very good reliable brand and known for their good value. I am considering a CUBE too as I am not paying the amount that the new Specialized LEVO is, to replace my 2019 LEVO Comp Carbon

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
Hi Guys,

CUBE is a well known brand in EU, considered among the good /reliable brands.
Up until recently I did not had any so far, even if some years ago was about to purchase one, hartail secon-hand, but in the end I bought a Trek 6900 at that moment and for enduro, I bought (second-hand also) Specialized SX Trail (oldies but goldies)
Now, I decided to move to e-bikes, hence I own now a stock 160 HPC SL (not SLT which seems like a rocket vs my SL model).
Before the purchase I did a lot of homework: forums, and specially Youtube reviews and also Rob made a review on the stock 2020 model, and he considered one of the best value emtb's out there, so in the end I decided to go for the 160 SL.
Why I chose this model, even if in the begining was planning for Specialized / Trek.
1. positive reviews on Cube full suspension ebikes both from EU and US on youtube
btw.. there is a guy from US reviewing CUBE fs ebikes, and he's opinion was that these bikes are a great value for the money spent
2. I am a fan of German engineering
3. Had the chance to rent in the mountains a CUBE 160 ebike (gen3 bosch) and was really impressed on performance, the ride being with a guide from the rental shop, so you were not able to do whatever with the ebike, but even so, a great experience to test and see what ebikeing is about
4. yes, point 3 above was my first ebike experience, but even so, considering that those ebikes were for renting purposes, lots of rider types used them in the mountains (no DH, just trail / forest roads in the mountains with a lot of ascending / descending sectors) and the bikes were rock solid, so this lead me to the conclusion that with proper maintenance, CUBE ebikes are reliable. FOX suspension on those ebikes!
5. One very important aspect to take into account is the geometry setup on CUBE vs. Trek

For me, CUBE seems to fit perfectly from this point of view (I'm 1.85 m & 90kg)
The model you shared, is brilliantly spec'ed: full carbon, carbon wheels, FOX 38 in the front (fork has loads of positive reviews on youtube), FOX in the back, Reverb... good brakes (I am a Shimano Saint/Zee fan)
Upgrading after purchase, I find it much more difficult, more discomfort since you need wait for the parts, then turn bike in the shop for each upgrade, and in my opinion is also more expensive.

I also love Trek, but this time, being. loads of money needed, I opted to go with the more value option vs. emotional choice.

Lots of thoughts, sorry for the long post, tried to share as much as possible, so in the end you'll have various opinions from where to get "inspired" :)

For sure you'll take the best decision for you, in the end!

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
i have the more basic model but same geometry and zeb forks, love mine! wish id bought it sooner - go for it, with ebike demand at the min it wont hang around im sure

davidjmilli

Nov 20, 2020
Dudley
The Cube is definitely worth a look if being offered one at that price. I picked up an 2020 SLT in October with a similar huge discount. Only thing I’d say is have a sit on it first as you may find the geometry doesn’t suit or feel comfortable for your riding style. I find I’m siting a little more upright on my Cube Stereo 160 than on the Levo SL I also have. I’m 6’1” and ride a 20” frame, and the more upright position fine as when in the saddle I’m generally pedalling more sedately up Hill. Downhill the post is slammed and the shorter reach allows you to keep weight easily over the rear wheel.

also Perhaps factor in the price of swapping out the contact points as CUBE saddles and Grips are bit of a love or hate. I’m the latter and they didn’t even make the journey past the shop door before replacements were purchased.
If you do decide to go with the Cube I’m sure you’ll be very happy. I’ve done just shy of 500km on mine since I hade it and beyond a few instances where talent limitations interfered with the perfect line it’s been a great bike. AXS truly is a whole new level which I’m now looking to get fitted everywhere I can.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles