Cube Stereo 2022 160 HPC SLCrank Arm Removal

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi
So when out riding today, chain started coming off. On inspection, the chainring is loose. There is a plastic cover of some sort which appears adrift.

Had a look to remove the crank arm (Acid E-Crank model). I have the top cap removed from the drive side, the crank puller fits fine but i can't get the arm removed. Stuck solid

Am i correct in trying to extract the arm from the drive side (where the loose chainring is)

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
Have you got the right crank puller as mine has an additional cap to make the prong wider? The chain ring is a bizarre thing that screws on counter-clockwise and requires a v specific tool and will need 20nm - from memory - or it'll be loose in a few miles again

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Got it off with assistance from a mate with what might have been a slightly different crank remover toiol, although it 'looked' the same as mine :).

Now i need to get a Bosch Lock Tool to secure the plastic cover on the chainring. Ordered, delivered tomorrow

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
as @Nick314 above said most crank pullers give you option of using two end pieces of different diameter, usually fitted on either end of the puller. On an ISIS crank (Bosch Gen4 motor rankshaft spindle) you need the larger of the two end pieces. Not sure what you mean by a plastic cover on the chainwheel. It is secured with a castellated ally nut for which you need the correct socket tool and a torque wrench that works anti clockwise!
There may be a push fit or pin pliers threaded plastic cover for the crank bolt. Pin pliers type has 2 small holes allowing the pin pliers to be inserted and rotate it off. It only needs to be hand tight. Obviously if it is just a push fit cap it just taps in. Neither is essential.

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
as @Nick314 above said most crank pullers give you option of using two end pieces of different diameter, usually fitted on either end of the puller. On an ISIS crank (Bosch Gen4 motor rankshaft spindle) you need the larger of the two end pieces. Not sure what you mean by a plastic cover on the chainwheel. It is secured with a castellated ally nut for which you need the correct socket tool and a torque wrench that works anti clockwise!
There may be a push fit or pin pliers threaded plastic cover for the crank bolt. Pin pliers type has 2 small holes allowing the pin pliers to be inserted and rotate it off. It only needs to be hand tight. Obviously if it is just a push fit cap it just taps in. Neither is essential.
Pretty sure the "plastic" referred to is the Bosch specific nut does feel like plastic, assuming to prevent over torquing against the motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles