Levo Gen 2 Crank? Little cyclical scratchy-squeaky sound when pedalling uphill

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Are you supposed to oil or grease the crank on Turbo Levos ?

I just had a motor replacement on my 2020 Levo Comp and a service and everything sounded dandy. I have gone for several extended rides since in rainy and muddy weather. Which also means I have been spraying and cleaning my bike several times since the motor replacement and service.

I have cleaned and oiled my chain and also greased the axles just in case. But I can’t really hear where this new subsiding cyclical scratchy sound when pedalling, predominantly uphill, comes from. Was wondering if I should take off crank arm and take a look?

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
I don’t have the tools to remove the spider or anything more advanced btw. Just wondering what simple things I should check.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Had something like this once, it was dirt between the crank and the motor. It's worth taking the cranks off and cleaning them and behind them with a dry cloth. While they're off, turn the spindle with your fingers to check all is well. Reassemble with grease on the splines only, anywhere else just attracts dirt or gets to the wrong place. Just my opinion, other opinions are available as we may well find out.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I have one that I think is that from time to time, its actually the top shock bolt. Clean and grease it.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Thanks guys! I got to get more tools. But I cleaned as much as I could behind the crank arms and it seemed to go away. Then my chain guard went bent and then the steerer tube started to creak. Tightened the top screw on the latter according to spec and all is well at this hour

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles