Crank clearance on my Cube stereo Hybrid 140

Studded E-mtb

Nov 6, 2020
Norway
Hello
I bought me a new E-mtb Cube stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 625 29" size 22" this fall and am having some issues with the bike.
The Crank arms on the right hand side are occasionally hitting the chain stay, is this to be expected.
I am happy for any feedback on this if anyone have a similar bike.
20201106_143040.jpg
20201106_143112.jpg

Last edited:

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I have the same bike so will check dimensions tomorrow morning.Not had any issues though but if there is a gap as you've measured, if it is then hitting, that suggests there is lateral movement?

Studded E-mtb

Nov 6, 2020
Norway
I have the same bike so will check dimensions tomorrow morning.Not had any issues though but if there is a gap as you've measured, if it is then hitting, that suggests there is lateral movement?
Hello GMLS
Yes there are a smal flex in the crank arms. When i manower the bike around whit my 95kg.
Making the 2mm gap to narrow between the chain stay and the right crank.

Attachments

• 20201106_143811.jpg
    20201106_143811.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 413

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
I’ve never had the cranks clip the chain protector but maybe I’m not trying hard enough!! ?

So allowing for the rubber chain stay protector, mine are both the same dimension.

I’d go with that also on mine ? bike is a 2020 Hybrid 160 TM - size 20

left crank arm:
BE2FE7D1-ED9C-443C-AD05-A0E46913E71A.jpeg

right crank arm:
53F0D10D-D3A1-4148-AE7D-AA9004DB5FF2.jpeg
bags of room!!! ?

Last edited:

Studded E-mtb

Nov 6, 2020
Norway
I’ve never had the cranks clip the chain protector but maybe I’m not trying hard enough!! ?

I’d go with that also on mine ? bike is a 2020 Hybrid 160 TM - size 20

left crank arm:
View attachment 43839

right crank arm:
View attachment 43840
bags of room!!! ?
Thank you, appreciate all the help

This is good to know, and reply to the online shop I bought the bike from.
Has sent them more than 20 emails regarding this and other issues that I found with the bike.

Relay glad that i bought a torque wrench and some other tools before i received the bike.
I thought I was going to do some regular maintenance.
But this bike, manuals and YouTube are turning me into a bike mechanic.

I am regretting that I bought the bike online and not from a local dealer.

After spending many hours getting the bike in working order, now I probably need to send it back from Norway to Germany.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
All crank arms flex a little but there is no way that crank arm should be that close to the chain stay. One possibility is that the wrong crank arms have been fitted or that the crank arm is bent. I can see no way the rear triangle can have been wrongly assembled since that would affect the chain line. I cannot compare like for like with your bike but checked my wife's hardtail Cube Access and the gap is the same both sides.....and the same applies on both my bikes( different brands).

Studded E-mtb

Nov 6, 2020
Norway
All crank arms flex a little but there is no way that crank arm should be that close to the chain stay. One possibility is that the wrong crank arms have been fitted or that the crank arm is bent. I can see no way the rear triangle can have been wrongly assembled since that would affect the chain line. I cannot compare like for like with your bike but checked my wife's hardtail Cube Access and the gap is the same both sides.....and the same applies on both my bikes( different brands).
Hello Mikerb.
The bike came this way from the shop, and the right crank arm are marked: drive side R.

Cube actually sent me some new cranks (whiteout me asking for them) together whit other parts that were damaged/missing form the bike on arrival.
And when i compared them they where the same profile and length.
Seems that the cranks would be clearly different to if they were bent, and i do not notice any wobble when pedaling.

beanboy

Dec 22, 2020
france
Hello
I bought me a new E-mtb Cube stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 625 29" size 22" this fall and am having some issues with the bike.
The Crank arms on the right hand side are occasionally hitting the chain stay, is this to be expected.
I am happy for any feedback on this if anyone having
For comparison.

hi i'm having exactly the same problem.. did you find a solution?

Studded E-mtb

Nov 6, 2020
Norway
Hi
Sorry for the late reply.
I had to send it back to the online shop, and they send it to Cube.
They changed the frame and motor, according to the support.
I am still waiting on the bike, has gone almost to months now...........

Hicksy 92

Nov 23, 2018
Stonesfield Oxfordshire
My stereo at 160 has just started to do the same thing as yours , lucky I have crank boots on so have damage the paint , its only marked the chain stay rubber , my cranks are e thirteen , my bike has only done 295 miles and non of that is was hard going , I did mention to my dealer a while ago the measurements from either side where different and had he heard of the issue you had , but they hadn’t, thill will tomorrow when I ring them

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles