Complete battery dissconect

Sion

Dec 23, 2018
Mold
2017 Turbo Levo FSR Fattie

I take my battery out and charge it in the house in the winter months. Recently I have noticed that once I have reinstalled the battery, there is no connection to the motor. The battery is on, I can change modes, but I am pedalling with 0 assist. Its like the battery has not connected to the bike. Last couple of times, it just seemed to sort itself out with a few on/offs, but now I have nothing. Has anyone else had this? Bike is currently just a very heavy mountain bike.

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
When you connect the MC app with the bike/battery, can you see the motor details?
When you can't see the motor details probably the cable from motor to battery is defect.

Sion

Dec 23, 2018
Mold
Embarrassing!

Thought I'd leave this post here though for people like me who have no idea about electric motors etc. The charger cover wasn't seated correctly. As soon as I re-seated the cover (with the advice of SWMBO), it works.

I never realised that that was the connection to the motor from the battery. DOH! Totally obvious really.

softtailcruiser

Patreon
Nov 23, 2018
Tamworth
Not embarrassing at all. Always good to share the sillies, as someone else will benefit!

I had my front end on backwards for the first three miles - I had turned the handlebars the wrong way when unboxing it! Happily an analogue mtber pointed it out to me (oh, the shame!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles