Mission Control GPS-Tracks not complete?

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Hi there,
i did 280km of riding with my new Kenevo yet and i'm still totally stoked about that amazing bike! :cool:

But i have experienced some missing GPS track-data in the mission control app on 3 of my last rides and would ask if somebody has experienced the same? :unsure:

The point is, the overall km of those rides is displayed correct and they match (more or less) to the km's tracked on my Garmin Fenix. But the displayed track is just not showing the whole track - have a look at the following pics, pretty self explaining...

The tracks displayed in mission control:
IMG_3083.PNG IMG_3084.PNG IMG_3085.PNG
The same tracks in Garmin:
IMG_3086.PNG IMG_3087.PNG IMG_3088.PNG

What i notice is, that where the tracking seems to stop is when i/we did a bit of a longer (15 min.) break.

So it might even not be a mission control fault but a smartphone setting pausing the app in the background? I surely did not stop the mission control app, it runs in the background till the end when i click "stop" to end the tracking. I can't see a paused mission control, everything looks fine.

Is there something like a pause mode on the bike or is it my smartphone fooling me?

One thing i did read in the manual is that the Kenevo/Levo is switching off after 10 mins of standing stil. But my battery is always lights on (even after a 30 min. break) - no automatic switching off. But it would match to the stopped GPS tracking.... so do i have to switch the battery off and on when i do a longer than 10 min. break??

Will have my 300km service this week, so i will surely ask the lbs about that, but i'm curious what you think about this? :geek:

Last edited:

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I’ve had a similar experience when using the “break” mode on mission control, however my total km’s when this happens are wrong by 100’s of km’s with the map showing I’ve travelled from the UK to the middle of the indian ocean and back!

My “workaround” is to take the “stop” option instead of “break” and then restart again when I get back on the bike. I then join the two rides together using this before uploading to Strava. A bit of a faff but it works

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
I had similar problems with the MC App, no or reduced traction of GPS tracks. Not sure if the break is the reason for that, green lights are always on on my Levo. And usually I do not stop more than 5 mins if I ride alone.
I´m using a TomTom watch, with the feature of connection to bike sensors. I thought only TomTom Sensor are compatible but the watch can also connect to the Levo sensors (at least I can see speed and cadence on my watch). And once the watch has connected to the Levo, MC App cannot connect. Is there a connection between your Kenevo and the Garmin watch you are using?

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I had similar problems with the MC App, no or reduced traction of GPS tracks. Not sure if the break is the reason for that, green lights are always on on my Levo. And usually I do not stop more than 5 mins if I ride alone.
I´m using a TomTom watch, with the feature of connection to bike sensors. I thought only TomTom Sensor are compatible but the watch can also connect to the Levo sensors (at least I can see speed and cadence on my watch). And once the watch has connected to the Levo, MC App cannot connect. Is there a connection between your Kenevo and the Garmin watch you are using?

Yes it is, the Garmin Watch is connected via the Mission Controls Fake-Channel (using ANT+) and displays the battery-status (and "rider watt output"). But this is always on and works fine for the whole ride. It really must have to do with the breaks, the tracks on the map do exactly stop/pause where i made a pause.
Maybe mission control has to run in the foreground and when i do a brake i take some awesome photos of the bike, but not bringing mission control back to the front afterwards. I will test this... and some other things... :geek:

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
OK, understood. I´m riding the Levo for a week now, still exploring all option, connections etc. Hope you can find the issue with the missing gps tracks...

Marius

Aug 2, 2018
Knysna
I have a similar problem - Mission Control records the whole activity, but at a lot less distance and time
Below the ride as Strava recorded it, and thereafter the MC record
I hope someone can explain, orherswise it renders MC useless for me, other than to set the battery

797051D9-D8F1-4FDD-B429-316EF16A442C.png

E5B9D5D4-CBC1-4779-B35D-567754E0D629.png

62800FED-431A-4CC7-88BD-BE09DAA87983.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles