Levo Gen 3 S-Works Build Completed!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Some functional tweaks, some blingy tweaks.

- Not a dropper guy, so swapped out for conventional seatpost & preferred saddle.
- Hated the combo mounts for the AXS shifter and Magura brake levers, so installed separate perches/mounts for each
- Chopped the bar width slightly (I like all my MTBs and motos to be the same)
- Ergon GA2 grips, my go-tos
- Some blue bling (trim rings on MT7 calipers, grips, valve caps - gotta have some style!)
- XTR M-9120 pedals
- Fox fender

In terms of other tweaks:

- Rear lever was mushy right out of the box - made for a bit of a scary first ride. So I did a bleed on the Maguras. Not as bad as everyone claims, nice and firm lever now
- Roughed up the rotors with some 150 grit sandpaper
- Suspension setup changes. Ended up deviating from the Specialized's recommendations with less compression damping overall, 5 psi less in the fork, and a click or two more rebound
- Changed assist on trail mode to 70/100

sworks.jpeg

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Nice 🤟 do you not do much downhill or do you drop it yourself before heading down the way ??

Been riding 30+ years and feeling the saddle with my legs is an integral part of the way I ride. I’ll use an Allen wrench to drop it occasionally, but only in serious gnar. I’m a quite competent descender without one.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
No air time for you?

we all rode old bikes and motos and made it work, but there is a reason these things improve, its not an xc bike.

too each there own, but I do love that color scheme the best.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
No air time for you?

we all rode old bikes and motos and made it work, but there is a reason these things improve, its not an xc bike.

too each there own, but I do love that color scheme the best.

Ha! Usually some air time every ride - just not as huge as I used to! I still ride bike parks occasionally, lots of enduro stuff, etc. Virtually every ride has a few jumps on it but nothing more than 2-3 feet high on our typical rides. What I don't do anymore (I just turned 60) is monster drops and big gaps. The price of failure is just too high. If it's something where I think having the seat down would help (typically rolling down a big slab or something like that), I invest the 30 seconds to take out a hex wrench and drop it down. Just doesn't happen that often. I have the same setup on my Santa Cruz Hightower and it's just something I'm dialed in on. I'm still able to put down DH segment times that are top 5-10% overall and 1-2% in my age. This old dog just can't learn new tricks anymore. Cheers.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Having such a capable bike without a dropper post is something I just can't cope with it, no matter the excuse ...

Let’s race sometime and see how much of a disadvantage it was for me. :)

I was in Slovenia a couple weeks ago. You coulda showed me a few riding spots!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles