commencal 2021

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
Covid strikes again. Focus demo is now cancelled due to the new rule of 6 restrictions. Looks like I’m back to a coin toss to choose between the meta power & the sam2

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
Maybe something to know before placing an order...

there will be a Meta Power Ohlins edition in March...looking at the normal meta...this could be very tempting

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Covid strikes again. Focus demo is now cancelled due to the new rule of 6 restrictions. Looks like I’m back to a coin toss to choose between the meta power & the sam2
Very curious to hear your impression of the SAM2 if you ever get to ride it. I think many of us are considering other options due to the Shimano mess...

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
The SAM2 6.9 looks pretty good. Very comparable price and kit to the Signature. Bosch CX a great motor.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
The Bosch is also noticeably more powerful than the Shimano EP8. Although the integration / display no where near as good.
I know this is a Commencal thread, but Rob have you ridden the new SAM2? I have the Signature on order but as we know that's not written in stone.

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
Very curious to hear your impression of the SAM2 if you ever get to ride it. I think many of us are considering other options due to the Shimano mess...
So I’ve tried a few dealers even an online store based in Germany. It does appear that earliest delivery of a sam2 if ordering now is May next year. I’ve waited since this May for the release of the 2021 meta power & I really don’t think I can wait a full year with the money burning a hole in my pocket. If I am waiting till May next year it’ll probably be for the privateer e161 which is also due to be ready for shipping that month. Looks like it’ll be back to my original choice of the Meta power and hopefully delivery by end of 2020.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Delay & uncertainly of ep8 to much for me, pre-order cancelled & 2021 rail 9.8xt in my kitchen?.
I can unfollow this thread now, good luck.
I've thought about that too, but 120 day wait here for the Rail. And $1k more than Signature. And the SAM2 not until May? In fact I dont know if Focus even available here. Wtf, screwed either way. Sold my 2019 metapower Race way too soon looks like...

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
I've thought about that too, but 120 day wait here for the Rail. And $1k more than Signature. And the SAM2 not until May? In fact I dont know if Focus even available here. Wtf, screwed either way. Sold my 2019 metapower Race way too soon looks like...
?I managed to buy my 9.8xt £1000 cheaper than a signature

pabloantu

Sep 10, 2020
Spain
Hello mates, please support choosing the right size for a 2021 Meta Power 29"
I'm 188cm (6´2") tall and 91cm (3´) inseam, just between L and XL.

Extreme angles suggest me to go for XL as reach is not that big, just enough to compensate the steep seat angle.
I'm afraid to feel size L small, while also afraid XL to be sluggish and difficult to move on twisty alpine singletracks, due to the massive wheelbase and extra weight of the ebike.

As a reference, I ride a 2019 XL Orbea Rallon and feel is the right size for me, bike is nimble and playful.
Below geometries compared. Thanks for your support!

geometries.jpg

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
I wander if Commencal is planning to release any more models besides the Ohlins, was kind of hoping they would do a mullet setup for one of the bikes.

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
So I’ve tried a few dealers even an online store based in Germany. It does appear that earliest delivery of a sam2 if ordering now is May next year. I’ve waited since this May for the release of the 2021 meta power & I really don’t think I can wait a full year with the money burning a hole in my pocket. If I am waiting till May next year it’ll probably be for the privateer e161 which is also due to be ready for shipping that month. Looks like it’ll be back to my original choice of the Meta power and hopefully delivery by end of 2020.
Update. I think I must have messaged or emailed every focus dealer in the UK with the same result each time. No we haven’t pre ordered any sam2 6.9 sorry it’ll be May / June.
So I was about to pull the trigger on the meta power 29. Went out riding today & met a local trail building legend who’s also in the market for an e enduro for our local tweed valley trails. He said something which made me re-evaluate which bike I’d go for.
“Basically all these new bikes will ride brilliantly, life’s too short just buy whichever one you can get Your hands on the quickest & get out & ride it” was the gist of it.
He’d also decided to get the sam2 but was a bit gutted when I told him about the wait however when I got home I’d had an email from a UK Dealer who HAS preordered stock of the Sam2 for delivery by December so I took my friends advice. Decision made & deposit paid.

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Update. I think I must have messaged or emailed every focus dealer in the UK with the same result each time. No we haven’t pre ordered any sam2 6.9 sorry it’ll be May / June.
So I was about to pull the trigger on the meta power 29. Went out riding today & met a local trail building legend who’s also in the market for an e enduro for our local tweed valley trails. He said something which made me re-evaluate which bike I’d go for.
“Basically all these new bikes will ride brilliantly, life’s too short just buy whichever one you can get Your hands on the quickest & get out & ride it” was the gist of it.
He’d also decided to get the sam2 but was a bit gutted when I told him about the wait however when I got home I’d had an email from a UK Dealer who HAS preordered stock of the Sam2 for delivery by December so I took my friends advice. Decision made & deposit paid.
This local legend sounds like a wise gentleman - I'd listen to him.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Well apparently Focus are impossible to get in the US. But YT is about 10 minutes from my house. Will see what the new Decoy has to offer, hopefully a Bosch CX option. Otherwise waiting for the Shimano fiasco to resolve to get my damn Signature...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles