commencal 2021

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
I think the Marin is a solid entry. I like longer chain stays for my size but it's on the table for my wife. Price is definitely good.

robat

Nov 12, 2020
Germany
I think the Marin is a solid entry. I like longer chain stays for my size but it's on the table for my wife. Price is definitely good.
Not really, since it's an E7000, 504Wh bike. They screw you "Santa style" ?
You can get far better E8000 bikes for the money.

robat

Nov 12, 2020
Germany
Which is worth it, still not a bad price for that spec.
I agree.
But the base model is a rip-off imo.
But let's get back to commencal 21 bikes.

Does anyone have a size s meta power 21 and can upload a picture?
Would really like to see one :)

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
I see on the commencal website (EU) , that the Ohlins version is pushed back to JUNE 2021...pffff
Was first march...what's going on? Seems like a lot of people are getting their bikes....
Maybe a problem with the ohlins parts???
Anybody knows anything?

Vertas

Mar 22, 2020
Denmark
It's just the preorders. The more people that preorder the longer the wait from manufacturers I would assume?
Those who pre-ordered when it said February will get it at that time.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
That's a hell of a lot for not much more.
Sorry, getting off topic again, but just needed to address this silly comment.

E1 $4600 USD:
  • RS 35 Gold fork - Lower of the low end forks.
  • SD R Coil - No adjustment
  • 10 Speed Deore drivetrain - Who even specs 10 speed anymore?
  • Lowest end shimano brakes.
  • TranzX seatpost - No experience so cannot comment
  • 504 Battery - Smaller
  • e7000 motor - Old model and low power output
E2 $6000 USD:
  • Fox 38 - Top of the line fork (Already worth nearly +$800 over previous version).
  • Fox DHX2 coil - Top of the line shock
  • XT/SLX 12 speed drivetrain
  • SLX Brakes
  • X-Fusion seatpost - Came on my enduro and I've been surprisingly happy with.
  • Deity bar/stem
  • 630 wh battery
  • EP8 Motor
That being said, I'd still take a Commencal over either of these bikes.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
Sorry, getting off topic again, but just needed to address this silly comment.

E1 $4600 USD:
  • RS 35 Gold fork - Lower of the low end forks.
  • SD R Coil - No adjustment
  • 10 Speed Deore drivetrain - Who even specs 10 speed anymore?
  • Lowest end shimano brakes.
  • TranzX seatpost - No experience so cannot comment
  • 504 Battery - Smaller
  • e7000 motor - Old model and low power output
E2 $6000 USD:
  • Fox 38 - Top of the line fork (Already worth nearly +$800 over previous version).
  • Fox DHX2 coil - Top of the line shock
  • XT/SLX 12 speed drivetrain
  • SLX Brakes
  • X-Fusion seatpost - Came on my enduro and I've been surprisingly happy with.
  • Deity bar/stem
  • 630 wh battery
  • EP8 Motor
That being said, I'd still take a Commencal over either of these bikes.

I'm saying its a hell of a lot more spec for not much more money mate.

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
Hi guys, quick question. When I charge my bike, the screen is off and I have no clue what percentage the battery is. My wife's Scott E-MTB with Bosch as an example shows the battery charge level. Can we set this up on our screen for the Shimano EP-8 to have somewhat of an idea of what the current level of charge is?

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Thanks Shenchman for the fork decal link. Looks much better than holloween orange imo

IMG_9624.JPG
IMG_9623.JPG
IMG_9625.JPG

My failed attempt to color match the motor cover plate in an attempt at more stealth. It may have backfired anyway as it may draw even more attention to that area..
IMG_9628.JPG

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Thanks Shenchman for the fork decal link. Looks much better than holloween orange imo

View attachment 46509 View attachment 46510 View attachment 46508

My failed attempt to color match the motor cover plate in an attempt at more stealth. It may have backfired anyway as it may draw even more attention to that area.. View attachment 46511
Looks waaay better ? Had you not mentioned the motor cover respray job I wouldn't have noticed anything wrong. Looks good to me ??

Irfan1712

Apr 15, 2020
RCT, South Wales
Love it. Are you happy with your choice of the 29er? I’m eyeing up a 27 signature (would be happy with a race too) but can’t help but keep considering a 29.

I didn’t quite gel with my Decoy 29 so that might have answered my own question, although being an XL it felt too big for me in any case!

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
Love it. Are you happy with your choice of the 29er? I’m eyeing up a 27 signature (would be happy with a race too) but can’t help but keep considering a 29.

I didn’t quite gel with my Decoy 29 so that might have answered my own question, although being an XL it felt too big for me in any case!

To be fair, I only have ridden 29'ers for the last couple of years. So I am quite used to it. I am a 181CM and have a Large, which seems to be the perfect size for me.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa

I was not too happy with my XL Decoy 29er either. It felt heavy and did not handle well in comparison to the Meta. But my 7 previous bikes were all 29, so I’m not sure how 27.5 bikes ride anymore. Lol.

Irfan1712

Apr 15, 2020
RCT, South Wales
Fair!
I think I’ve set my mind on the 27 now. It’s just deciding between race with the Zebs and rear coil, or paying extra for the blingy signature with the Fox 38’s. I can’t stand code R’s which the race has but they can always be changed. Availability on both bikes is June 2021. Madness.

rafaellop

Dec 8, 2020
Poland
Got my SX Race yesterday... Invisiframed ready with a few additions, big day out tomorrow, can't wait to see how it rides!! ?

View attachment 45522

Perfect! Killer spec and look. Only thing I would change are the white decals. Black would do better. Also on the website the Zeb's decals on the Race are white and the chain is silver. Pitty there's no Meta SX priced between the Ride and Race and on better components than SRAM SX and Guide RE + some cheaper coil. 5699€ for such a machine and it will be mine. Race too expensive, Ride requires too much upgrades.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Brand new model! New meta power TR with less travel (150/140), more trail oriented (obviously)
Screenshot_2020-12-10 COMMENCAL 2021 META POWER TR SIGNATURE 2021.png

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
As someone who had a 140/150 YT decoy 29 and now a Meta Power 29. I’ve come to the conclusion, more power is more better with ebikes.

noblige

Aug 30, 2020
California
As someone who had a 140/150 YT decoy 29 and now a Meta Power 29. I’ve come to the conclusion, more power is more better with ebikes.
I was about to say the same thing - as there's no penalty for a bigger bike (climbing wise), why bother with TR?
Unless it's a really light bike with smaller motor/battery (a-la Levo SL), it still will be a slog on flat trails

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
Have to agree, just don't see the point of this bike. The geo isn't bad and I'm sure it rips, but your not saving any weight at all, just sacrificing suspension travel for what?? I guess it's basically in line with the Levo and other manufactures that have a more 'trail' oriented E bike. But without the weight savings, just not worth it in my opinion. Especially with the Levo SL and the Orbea Rise. No contest. It's still going to be a heavy big beast that's still going to plow but with less travel. A miss in my opinion. Should have come out with a smaller battery, even mullet, shave off at least 10 - 12lbs, then we be talking. As is, no point at all. Same weight basically as it's bigger counter part. So why??

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles