Coil spring weight

Cleggy

Aug 11, 2023
Northern Ireland
So I asked in another thread (one specific to the bike I have) but I got zero responses, although I asked it in regards to how much SAG you guys run.

This time I'll reword, what is your weight and what weight of coil spring do you run?

According to the bike manufacturer and also various coil spring calculators that I have consulted I should be running either a 450lb or 500lb spring

I did try the 450 and liked it but lots of pedal strikes (though the bike was a mullet then and is full 29er now)

I did try a 500 and liked it also but did bottom it out badly once off a small drop at slow speed.

I'm now running a 550lb spring and again I like it, no bottom outs as yet

Shock is a DHX2 for context and I'm about 14.5 stone and a very average or below average rider so riding position is more rearwards balanced than it should be

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
I have an TTX22M.2 on a Torque ON CF (2023) with 457 spring. 27/28% sag. One of the things I learned that compression en rebound settings are also importent to setup correctly.

Weight 80 kilo

Riding style normal Enduro and bike park. Bottom out once in a while on heavier hits.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles