Ohlins TTX22M.2 coil shock

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
First ride yesterday on my 2022 Trek Rail (Alloy, Large) with Ohlins TTX22M.2 with 525lb spring. Thanks TF Tuned! Am 79-80kg

Rail has Rockshox Pike Ultimate 150mm forks moved over from my Trek Fuel EX (ML) upgraded to 160mm C1 Air spring for the Rail.

The Ohlins shock replaced the stock Rockshox Deluxe Select+ which I had upgraded with Megneg.

Rode for two hours on the South Downs/Bignor in 2C on rough half frozen tracks with exposed flint, eroded chalk tracks, rough and nasty downhill.

The Ohlins shock smoothed out small hits without removing feel, but the extra bonus was that the Pike Ultimates, as they previously had to, no longer had to try to cope with the inefficient shock so worked superbly. Forks not working as expected might be down to a relatively poor shock.

So not only did the Ohlins shock perform superbly but now also do the forks! Result.

Edit: 230 x 57.5, ~28% sag. TF Tuned set the shock up, spot on, not going to mess with it.

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
After fitting the Ohlins TTX22m.2 shock the bottle holder needed to be higher in the frame and closer to the down tube to hold even a 600ml bottle.

So I bought a Specialized Zee Cage II then drilled out 11mm holes so that the holder would fit with bottle as high up as practical. Fitted the 11mm holes in the cage over the 10mm frame fixing points, then used a couple of short low profile bolts with washers. The Ohlins coil shock just clears the bottle when compressed.

Edit: with the bottle as high up as practical.

20221214_163417.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles