Clunk in drive train

eSoCal

Apr 25, 2018
California
Hi.. I'm brand new to eMTB and this forum.. last weekend I did a 17 mile off road demo on a Levo.. my first and only ride :) the power assist was magical, quiet, smooth and seemless.. Back at the store I test road a new Levo and a new Kenevo with the intent to purchase.. both had a "clunk" in the power assist.. store owner said it's normal.. I want smooth and seemless like my demo.. Any ideas and comments are appreciated

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Was the clunk as soon as you stopped pedaling? If it was its probably down to settings in the mission control app

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I think the main culprit is the acceleration mode, they come from the factory with it set to race move it to normal or maybe eco. that should stop the clunk . if it doesnt you can try reducing the motor current to say 80% but I doubt its that.
if the clunk is what I think it is its just overrun of the motor due the the race setting

eSoCal

Apr 25, 2018
California
I think the main culprit is the acceleration mode, they come from the factory with it set to race move it to normal or maybe eco. that should stop the clunk . if it doesnt you can try reducing the motor current to say 80% but I doubt its that.
if the clunk is what I think it is its just overrun of the motor due the the race setting
Thank you, I don't own the bike yet.. but I will be working with the bike shop to clear the problem.. and then purchase it

GazRN

Apr 27, 2018
Cornwall
As CCRDAVE said it will be the settings. I dialed my acceleration back. You also get used to pedalling assisted and smoothly ??

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
Just bought a Levo and too have the clunk when I stop putting pressure on the pedals quickly. Glad I read this as thought it was an issue, will play with the mission control app. Cheers

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I had a clunk in my first Levo after two days they took the bike back and gave me a new one. That one was an Expert and it lasted 500kms it's motor packed in. They took that back gave me a new demo to ride for a couple of months, that bike also had a clunk but only for the first 5% of a full battery. It never got worse and in fact I started to notice it less. Now have an 18 Expert and it has never clunked. Four Levos two clunked two didn't lol all seemed to function the same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles