Replace '18 Levo drive train

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Just noticed a broken tooth on my Levo rear cassette - probably caused by the increased chain-jumping . have been having recently...still on original chain etc.
I had wanted to increase the tooth count on the front sprocket anyway, so thinking now is the time to do to do the lot - any better options than 'standard' (indeed - what is 'standard?') - don't need fancy expensive - strong and stable would be good ;) - any suggestions - e-bike chain etc?

IMG_7620.jpg

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Just noticed a broken tooth on my Levo rear cassette - probably caused by the increased chain-jumping . have been having recently...still on original chain etc.
I had wanted to increase the tooth count on the front sprocket anyway, so thinking now is the time to do to do the lot - any better options than 'standard' (indeed - what is 'standard?') - don't need fancy expensive - strong and stable would be good ;) - any suggestions - e-bike chain etc?

View attachment 12588
I've been using SRAM PC1110 for a few years on my fatbike - I rode it all year long and it stood well to all the challenges of grit, clay, grayish snow melting reagent sludge with minimal wear (I swapped my last chain after a year of riding and it still had slightly less than 0,75 wear. Bought 2 spare PC1110 chains for my Turbo Levo recently.
As for the cassete I found Sunrace cassette to be quite durable and it comes with 2 spiders - which is good for minimising the cassette body wear! It might shift not as smooth as SRAM top of the range cassettes, but for the price it's a bargain and with 11-46 or 11-50 you will have more range and can swap for a bigger front chainring. Would be carefull with 11-50 as it might be to big for the deraileur - read some forums for compatibility reviews.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
How do you know how many links the chain has (apart from the obvious of 'counting them':)) - what would the 'standard' be on a '18 Levo Comp...
If I change to a 34t chainring (from standard 32t) and to a 11- 46 cassette, will I need more links?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
How do you know how many links the chain has (apart from the obvious of 'counting them':)) - what would the 'standard' be on a '18 Levo Comp...
If I change to a 34t chainring (from standard 32t) and to a 11- 46 cassette, will I need more links?
It comes as 116 links standard and I have actually done a 11-46 cassette with 116 links but it is extremely tight then. If you go 34 in the front I would up the links at least to 118.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles