Best drive train for a Turbo Levo?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I have the Sram 11spd NX casette and the ebike specific chain on my MY2019 bike. I don't like the feeling in the shifter, the chain sometimes cracks when it speeds over the rear when going on the 42th.
I am considering changing it all to something else. Coming from XX1 Eagle on the XC bike I am a bit spoiled when it comes to shifter feel. I have no problems with drivetrain needing adjustment, but I like it to work as good as it can.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
"Best" is far too subjective.
Your easiest/cheapest option is simply changing the shifter to a higher end 11 speed model from SRAM. and then when the NX mech wears out/develops play (they all do) replace that with a higher end 11 speed SRAM mech. I happen to think 12spd is pretty pointless though. (I just don't need that sort of range on any bike and the running costs are astronomical). Still riding an XC bike I'd assume you're fairly fit too. Emtbs IMO just don't require as low gearing as even XC mtbs

The chain crack, although annoying happens on higher end SRAM and Shimano cassettes/chains too. I think the fact the chainring is disconnected from your actual crank movement (over run) plays a part in this as I do not get it on any of my regular bikes at all (same components)

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Or change to Shimano XT 11-42 or 11-46 cassette and chain. They work with SRAM shifter and rear mech after your originals are wear out

my bike came with xx1 10-42 and x01 single click shifter, will the xt casette work with this ? i would have to also switch out the xd driver

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
my bike came with xx1 10-42 and x01 single click shifter, will the xt casette work with this ? i would have to also switch out the xd driver
Ive just ordered new cassette shimano freehub body to suit Roval hub and chainring delivery tomorrow. Poke XG cassette a £160 won't even be able to get cassette off the drive unless I use a grinder. 1100 miles hopefully this is a learning curve.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I do not believe, because your old xx1 cassette needs XD freehub. NX is compatible with Shimano cassette. So you need to change the freehub also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles