Clips for handle bars

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

Is there such a thing for raising the handlebars an inch or so off the ground when you have to turn the bike upside down. If not why not? I've searched on line but can't find anything. It seems like a sensible idea. If I try to rest my handlebars on the ground it puts the weight on the motor control and leaves marks.

Alan

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I knicked my wife's kneeling mat that she uses for gardening. When I up-end the bike in the carpark, it goes under the bars. OK, I know I can't take it with me on the trail, but then there is usually a bit of soft ground somewhere nearby.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You could always get some bar ends, they were very popular at one time. They will not only keep your bars off the ground, but allow a variety of hand positions on long climbs. There are all sorts of advantages to bar ends, just don't ride near any shrubbery! :eek:

D

Deleted member 2899

The smaller size pipe insulation didn't work but the larger size works a treat. Thank you. I also like the idea of the floor mats, they may also make sliding the bike into the boot easier. I'll check them out.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If out in the trial just put your gloves under.

Indeed. Or any other textile item* you happen to be carrying/wearing. But even more simply just use a suitably uneven section of folliage next/near to the trail that the bars are either side of a dip and the display doesn't contact the ground

(*some of us just NEVER wear gloves ;) )

D

Deleted member 2899

Indeed. Or any other textile item* you happen to be carrying/wearing. But even more simply just use a suitably uneven section of folliage next/near to the trail that the bars are either side of a dip and the display doesn't contact the ground

(*some of us just NEVER wear gloves ;) )
Gloves don't raise the handle bars enough, I tried it.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
try rolling the gloves up (more bulk) and rest them under your controls. not the grips.

Failing that put a glove under your display

D

Deleted member 2899

try rolling the gloves up (more bulk) and rest them under your controls. not the grips.

Failing that put a glove under your display
The gloves don't raise the handlebars high enough, I tried. Putting the glove on the display does not solve the problem of the weight of the bike loading it although it would prevent marking. The pipe insulation works a treat and the weight is negligible.

D

Deleted member 2899

What bike is it? Sounds like a Bosch variant if display stick out?
Trek Powerfly 4 with the Bosch control panel. I tend to have it at about 45 degrees which doesn't help matters as it raises the unit quite high.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles