Clicking from motor mounts.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
New ( 3months old). Levo comp carbon.

I think it's the motor mounts ? I've greased and tightened the seat and post.
I'm thinking it a case of loosen and re-torque the motor boots.

Anyone had this ,Fix ? The only bolt that's been undone was the chain guide one as that undid itself...
I've checked everything so I'm pretty sure it's the mounts

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Lube? Owners manual is clear on this, clean, Loctite blue on the threads, grease on the shaft. Remember there are 6 bolts, 2 are almost hidden by the chain stays and cables, I've had to undo the top shock bolt allow the suspension to be moved so I can get at these. By the way the owner's manual said Loctite for this shock bolt, the Retailer's work book doesn't mention it. Next time no Loctite.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Sorted..

Done the bolts and after a try I think it was the headset spacers after a lot of searching, I know lol..bloody sounds and frames..

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
:giggle:. Battery creaking :LOL:. ... Where's the bang your head emoji??
I guess it doesn't like being done up tight.

Rob180

Apr 17, 2019
Northern California
I’m sure it’s the motor mount bolts. I’ve had the best luck running the torque value lighter than the manual specifies on a ‘19 Levo Expert. Very frustrating.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
New motor fitted to my 2020 Levo and the mounts click....very annoying. Pulled all the suspension linkages and greased, cleaned and refitted seat and seatpost, cleaned and refitted forks/front end, pedals checked on another bike, drivetrain clean and lubed, cables routing checked...motor mounts it is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles