Child seat (shotgun or macride) on 2022/23 reign

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Hello,

I searched and found one post from someone using a shotgun seat on their Reign. Does anyone use either of these seats and have any recommendations for which one to take for a Reign, which version, and required modifications?

I am a bit worried about the girth of the downtube on the bike, and the very aggressive Geo.

Cheers,
E

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Hello,

I searched and found one post from someone using a shotgun seat on their Reign. Does anyone use either of these seats and have any recommendations for which one to take for a Reign, which version, and required modifications?

I am a bit worried about the girth of the downtube on the bike, and the very aggressive Geo.

Cheers,
E

I use mac ride on my 2022 Reign E+. You need the widest extender (extra wide). Works like a charm. The "wide" adapter is not enough for Reign. Nothing to say about shotgun. Never used it. If you decide to go mac ride buy the seat, extra wide adapter and 2 or 3 sets of mini grips.

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
I have a mac-ride and really like it. Used to drop my kids off at nursery, then fold it up put it in my bag and go for a ride. Not sure the the shotgun can fold flat so easily?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The kids ride shotgun pro is designed to be extra wide to accommodate ebike frames.

It can go as small as about 40cm in length, but the seat is pretty well padded so quite bulky. It's quite easy to ride with no child on it though.

I just sold the shotgun pro and the bars on ebay last night! Listed at 20.44 for £150 buy it now + £12 carriage, and it was sold and paid for by 21.10!

My son got his own bike for his 3rd birthday, was on 2 wheels within 3 months, and has no desire to get back on my bike!!
Great piece of kit, and really well made.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles